Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dear experts: please advise on sending of additional documents

Wikiposts

Dear experts: please advise on sending of additional documents

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 6:48 am
Rayx

Default Dear experts: please advise on sending of additional documents

I have got my CAIPS file and dicovered that the reason why the interview is required
is as follows:

"No indication of further training, such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc. Concerns re work
history; only job titles provided. No job description. No ref ltr. Ability in English
needs to be verified. Inaterview required."

Seems that the lawyer, who has prepared my application has done his work really ugly;
and what is even worse - now I can nor get any response from him.

Please advise if it is worth to provide the immigration officer (embassy) with the
certificates about my further trainig and experience? Maybe it would be reasonable
to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to them? Can such steps improve my
situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I do and how? My
application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I shall not get
the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points according to
the new system.

Thank everybody in advance for your help.

Ray

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 7:32 am
Henry

Default Re: Dear experts: please advise on sending of additional documents

Hi Ray,

I have a question.

How do you know that you scored 73 points?

Was your score indicated in the CAIPS notes?

Thanks Henry

"Rayx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]. dk...
    > I have got my CAIPS file and dicovered that the reason why the interview is
    > required is as follows:
    > "No indication of further training, such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc. Concerns re
    > work history; only job titles provided. No job description. No ref ltr. Ability in
    > English needs to be verified. Inaterview required."
    > Seems that the lawyer, who has prepared my application has done his work really
    > ugly; and what is even worse - now I can nor get any response from him.
    > Please advise if it is worth to provide the immigration officer (embassy) with the
    > certificates about my further trainig and experience? Maybe it would be reasonable
    > to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to
them?
    > Can such steps improve my situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I
    > do and how? My application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I
    > shall not get the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points
    > according to the new system.
    > Thank everybody in advance for your help.
    > Ray

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

once an interview is required, in most cases, no matter how much documentation you send them, they wont waive it. it has been heard of in exceptional circumstances that an interview requirement has been waived later, but almost all those cases had very good lawyers representing the applicants, and your's is absconding... a LOT of paperwork flying around between the visa office and the lawyers, and usually very good reasons why the applicant would prefer to have the case concluded without an interview...

in your case, it would probably be just easier to just get together enough proof and documentation that is the cause of concern, and at the interview try to put to rest those concerns....

Originally posted by Rayx:
I have got my CAIPS file and dicovered that the reason why the interview is required
is as follows:

"No indication of further training, such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc. Concerns re work
history; only job titles provided. No job description. No ref ltr. Ability in English
needs to be verified. Inaterview required."

Seems that the lawyer, who has prepared my application has done his work really ugly;
and what is even worse - now I can nor get any response from him.

Please advise if it is worth to provide the immigration officer (embassy) with the
certificates about my further trainig and experience? Maybe it would be reasonable
to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to them? Can such steps improve my
situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I do and how? My
application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I shall not get
the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points according to
the new system.

Thank everybody in advance for your help.

Ray
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 8:17 am
Rayx

Right - this was indicated in the CAIPS notes with all the details (item by item).

Ray

Henry wrote:

> Hi Ray,
    > I have a question.
    > How do you know that you scored 73 points?
    > Was your score indicated in the CAIPS notes?
    > Thanks Henry
    > "Rayx" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]. dk...
    >> I have got my CAIPS file and dicovered that the reason why the interview is
    >> required is as follows:
    >> "No indication of further training, such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc. Concerns re
    >> work history; only job titles provided. No job description. No ref ltr. Ability in
    >> English needs to be verified. Inaterview required."
    >> Seems that the lawyer, who has prepared my application has done his work really
    >> ugly; and what is even worse - now I can nor get any response from him.
    >> Please advise if it is worth to provide the immigration officer (embassy) with the
    >> certificates about my further trainig and experience? Maybe it would be reasonable
    >> to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to
    > them?
    >> Can such steps improve my situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I
    >> do and how? My application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I
    >> shall not get the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points
    >> according to the new system.
    >> Thank everybody in advance for your help.
    >> Ray

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 10:48 am
Andrew Miller

Once interview is required then it will not be waived. Don't send any documents now -
bring them all for the interview, including IELTS.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

> "No indication of further training, such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc. Concerns re
    > work history; only job titles provided. No job description. No ref ltr. Ability in
    > Seems that the lawyer, who has prepared my application has done his work really
    > Please advise if it is worth to provide the immigration officer (embassy) with the
    > certificates about my further trainig and experience? Maybe it would be reasonable
    > to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to them? Can such steps improve my
    > situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I do and how? My
    > application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I shall not get
    > the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points according to
    > the new system.
    > Ray

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 12:13 pm
The Wizzard

i dont see how sending them can hurt your application, i am not certain you could get
a waiver ive only heard of one person having their interview waived after they had
already been told they needed one (and that was due to the fact they actually scored
more points under the new law than the old one and thus the interview was waived). so
while you may not get yoru interview waived you may be more likely to pass yoru
interview if you have all the information you mentioned ready for it like
certificates, job descriptions and work histories and language tests etc.

> to take an IELTS exam now and send the results to
them?
    > Can such steps improve my situation or maybe cause interview waiver? What should I
    > do and how? My application was assesed in August 2000, and scored 73 points. If I
    > shall not get the final decission it will be difficult for me to acquire 70 points
    > according to the new system.
    > Ray