Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Deadline today for 1000s of temp. foreign workers

Deadline today for 1000s of temp. foreign workers

Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deadline today for 1000s of temp. foreign workers

Originally Posted by Divvym1
because she qualifies probably!? and she is in Canada right now. Pretty sure thats why she didn't apply from England
It is low skill workers who find themselves at the end of their maximum stay. They cannot qualify as skilled workers.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Somebody needs to get out more.
says the guy on the internet forum
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:22 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eddmac
says the guy on the internet forum
...replies another.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...replies another.
Yes Novo (dramatic sigh) but I wasnt the one telling someone to get out more.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Novo (dramatic sigh) but I wasnt the one telling someone to get out more.
Nor was I. You should get out more.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nor was I. You should get out more.
(Sighs again)
Whatever makes you feel clever dear.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:57 pm
Born again atheist

(Sighs again)
Whatever makes you feel clever dear.
Thank you. How very understanding of you sweetie.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you. How very understanding of you sweetie.
Hehehe thanks, that made me giggle.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 10:14 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
They should just cut it to a once a lifetime 12 month visa like it used to be instead of allowing people two. That has lead to the system abuse.
UK IEC program is once in a lifetime now.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 10:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by orly
UK IEC program is once in a lifetime now.
1. Australia has been cut from as many as you want from 18 to 30 to 1 24 month in WHV and 12 months in Co-op (which few will qualify for)
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
As someone who came over on an IEC, I have to agree with the majority of comments here about the IEC being abused. I was able to use the IEC to bypass having to get an LMIA (LMO at the time) and had a full time skilled position in place. I would not have got an LMIA due to my employer paying below the required LMIA median salary so in my case, and in many cases, this is an abuse of the intention of the IEC program.
so now that you've got PR we should put a stop to that particular method? If you really think it's an abuse of the IEC system then you'd volunteer to go home, right?

Anyway, I think the lack of compassion and empathy in a lot of posts in this thread is honestly quite surprising, it's like everyone has forgotten about their own path to Canada and can't relate any more. That's pretty great for a emigrant community.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
so now that you've got PR we should put a stop to that particular method? If you really think it's an abuse of the IEC system then you'd volunteer to go home, right?

Anyway, I think the lack of compassion and empathy in a lot of posts in this thread is honestly quite surprising, it's like everyone has forgotten about their own path to Canada and can't relate any more. That's pretty great for a emigrant community.
This is exactly what I was thinking and its not the first time I have come across it either. To be fair, not everyone in here is like this, just a small minority.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Australia has been cut from as many as you want from 18 to 30 to 1 24 month in WHV and 12 months in Co-op (which few will qualify for)
It has? Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) From what I know of the 417 (WHV) it's a 12 month visa allowing 18-31 year olds the chance to work and travel with a second 12 month visa if certain conditions are met.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:10 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehe thanks, that made me giggle.
You should get out more too. Your posting pattern points to an hour straight on the forum.

Either you are doing nothing constructive at home or being in Canada has made you as inefficient as the cradles at your day job.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm incredibly grateful for the rules in place at the time which enabled me to gain PR via the IEC. I am simply saying that what happens if you're 32, therefore are not able to apply under IEC, and have exactly the same offer of employment, and exactly the same skills. One person is able to stay on the IEC scheme to gain PR, the other is not. This doesn't seem fair.

I would have been perfectly happy if an IEC had not been a workaround for my company, they had increased my salary, and I had come over on an LMIA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.