Daycare jobs

Old May 31st 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Daycare jobs

Hi all,

Need some advice please regarding daycare job. Got the job but been told I need to have a medical with a dmp as I'll be working with children. Can anyone on a TWP as daycare worker, or who knows about these situations enlighten me as to wether this is the case? I'm very confused at the moment

Any advice, as always gratefully received,

Tracy
Old May 31st 2011, 7:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daycare jobs

You will definitely need to have a medical, any TWP holder that will be working in healthcare (i.e. a nurse) or with children needs to have one.

This means you cannot apply at Port of Entry, so will need to apply for your TWP via your visa office once you've got the LMO, and then await the request for a medical.

Not sure when your PR application will be finalised, or at what stage your TWP is at (have you already got the LMO?) but it may be quicker to wait to get PR.

HTH.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You will definitely need to have a medical, any TWP holder that will be working in healthcare (i.e. a nurse) or with children needs to have one.

This means you cannot apply at Port of Entry, so will need to apply for your TWP via your visa office once you've got the LMO, and then await the request for a medical.

Not sure when your PR application will be finalised, or at what stage your TWP is at (have you already got the LMO?) but it may be quicker to wait to get PR.

HTH.
Thanks for reply,

Will this medical be valid for PR if we get med requests within a year of my having it?

Any idea how long CIC take to give out TWP's?

We are June 2010 AOR, so with CIC now quoting 16 months from receipt we're looking at October at the earliest for PR, which is why we were hoping to apply at POE to get kids in school for September.

Oh well, another plan that is more complicated than it looked Just have to hope CIC get the permits sorted out quickly

Thanks again for reply, still waiting for lawyer to reply but BE are quicker when you're in a panic
Old May 31st 2011, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Thanks for reply,

Will this medical be valid for PR if we get med requests within a year of my having it?

Any idea how long CIC take to give out TWP's?

We are June 2010 AOR, so with CIC now quoting 16 months from receipt we're looking at October at the earliest for PR, which is why we were hoping to apply at POE to get kids in school for September.

Oh well, another plan that is more complicated than it looked Just have to hope CIC get the permits sorted out quickly

Thanks again for reply, still waiting for lawyer to reply but BE are quicker when you're in a panic
I *think* that the medical is valid for a year, but am not sure on that. At least if it is you may be able to reuse the results.

But to be honest, I can't see any way that you will be out there by September on a TWP. 3 months is ambitious even for a normal TWP, and a medical will add quite a bit of time to that.

Even if the LMO only takes a few weeks and is granted first time, a normal TWP then takes 8-10 weeks via the London visa office and then you've got to add on time for the medical as well. That's why (unless you've already got the LMO?) I think it could be quicker for you to wait for PR.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

medical is valid for 12 months, I know when I had my medical we had just applied for PR and the doctor told me if I get asked for a medical within 12 months they would use my first paperwork but if over 12 months then I would have to pay all over again