Day 1 of ??????

Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

bazza2154 will become famous soon enoughbazza2154 will become famous soon enough
Talking Day 1 of ??????

Well its gone!

Today we joined the queue by sending of our application to London. Its been a hectic couple of days getting all of the documents in order and we finally finished yesterday so we ordered our Bankers Draft.

We were told it would take a week but it turned up today so we ventured out into the blizzard and trudged up to the post office which we thought was quite ironic considering we want to move to a snow covered country and sent of the forms.

I suppose in reality we are one week ahead of were we thought we would be next week.

Lets hope the rest of the process goes quicker than expected.

PS We have been monitoring the forum for some time and it has taken 5 months to get all the documents and the money together so I am sure you will be seing a lot of us in the future.

PPS we are also going to the Emigrate show on 20th March.

Baz & Annie
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:05 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Day 1 of ??????

Congratulations and Welcome,

Oh how I do remember that long past day. It is a great feeling when you hand over your package to the post officer to seal your decission.

There will come times of antcipation, times of despair, times of frustration and times of hope, but remember:

You are not alone
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:16 pm
It's Worth Waiting For

Location: Oakworth, West Yorkshire(Nr Haworth, Bronte country)
Julie & Andy will become famous soon enoughJulie & Andy will become famous soon enough

Agree totally with that.As we sent our recorded we could check online when they received it the next day.

Skilled worker app/London
Sent 9 July 04
AOR 10 Aug 04
Sat waiting patiently
Originally Posted by mhhp
Congratulations and Welcome,

Oh how I do remember that long past day. It is a great feeling when you hand over your package to the post officer to seal your decission.

There will come times of antcipation, times of despair, times of frustration and times of hope, but remember:

You are not alone
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazza2154
Well its gone!

Today we joined the queue by sending of our application to London. Its been a hectic couple of days getting all of the documents in order and we finally finished yesterday so we ordered our Bankers Draft.

We were told it would take a week but it turned up today so we ventured out into the blizzard and trudged up to the post office which we thought was quite ironic considering we want to move to a snow covered country and sent of the forms.

I suppose in reality we are one week ahead of were we thought we would be next week.

PS We have been monitoring the forum for some time and it has taken 5 months to get all the documents and the money together so I am sure you will be seing a lot of us in the future.

Baz & Annie
Well done, now the wait! Keep yourself occupied and try not to think too much about it. I know this is easier said than done. We found the first year from application relatively easy, but now the first anniversay of application has passed its consuming our lives!!

Where do you guys intend to settle? We are heading to New Brunswick, and are visiting this Saturday to open bank accounts etc.

Good Luck

Steve & Penny
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:01 am
It's Worth Waiting For

Julie & Andy will become famous soon enoughJulie & Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi

If only they counted it as from when we all sent our apps in and not from we got our AOR we would be a couple of months nearer.I'm wanting to find out more about the bank account side of things, how are you opening them if you are still living over here,if you don't mind me asking? We are hopefully Calgary bound(whenever the time arrives).
Originally Posted by SAW 04
Well done, now the wait! Keep yourself occupied and try not to think too much about it. I know this is easier said than done. We found the first year from application relatively easy, but now the first anniversay of application has passed its consuming our lives!!

Where do you guys intend to settle? We are heading to New Brunswick, and are visiting this Saturday to open bank accounts etc.

Good Luck

Steve & Penny
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Well its gone!

Baz & Annie
Hi Baz & Annie,
Welcome to the immigration roller coaster, and all the emotions and heartache it brings. Your life will appear to be on hold and then you'll have all the problems we have had...Do we buy this do we sell that...when are we gonna hear something...what about work...how are going to get our stuff across... Enjoy this site it's a wealth of info, and has helped me through the difficult periods.
Best of luck Guys
frankieforehead
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:06 am
It's Worth Waiting For

Did you get asked for an interview?
Do you get the results back or do you here from cic to let you know they have them?
Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi Baz & Annie,
Welcome to the immigration roller coaster, and all the emotions and heartache it brings. Your life will appear to be on hold and then you'll have all the problems we have had...Do we buy this do we sell that...when are we gonna hear something...what about work...how are going to get our stuff across... Enjoy this site it's a wealth of info, and has helped me through the difficult periods.
Best of luck Guys
frankieforehead
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Julie & Andy
Did you get asked for an interview?
Do you get the results back or do you here from cic to let you know they have them?
Hi,
I think...You either get asked for an interview or get the medical requests and skip the interview stage...not sure though. If you are referring to the results being the medical, all that is given to you by the doctors before the medicals are sent off. Apparently the E-Client changes once they receive the meds... I know it takes them ages to get through the mail, so i'll just wait as I know that I'm in the final stages now so a few more months aren't really going to make much difference.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

bazza2154 will become famous soon enoughbazza2154 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SAW 04

Good Luck

Steve & Penny
We are looking at New Brunswick or Nova Scotia (saw a great house in Little Dipper NB on the shore) just what we would love. Visiting this June/July via Toronto to meet some freinds and them Train/Drive New Brunswick/Nova Scotia and Fly back from Halifax.

Let me Know how you get on with Bank account as we have funds we would like to put in a Canadian Dollar account at the current rate.

Baz & Annie
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:36 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Baz & Annie,
Best of luck Guys
frankieforehead

Hi Baz & Annie

As well as all the stuff frankieforehead mentions above don't forget that joyful question......................"Have you heard anything yet?" because even if you tell people "I won't hear anything for at least 12 months" they will still ask you,.....................over and over again
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:38 am
It's Worth Waiting For

Smile Re: Day 1 of ??????

Thats true, you have waited for the longest part, afew more months will whizz by.Good luck.
Hi,
I think...You either get asked for an interview or get the medical requests and skip the interview stage...not sure though. If you are referring to the results being the medical, all that is given to you by the doctors before the medicals are sent off. Apparently the E-Client changes once they receive the meds... I know it takes them ages to get through the mail, so i'll just wait as I know that I'm in the final stages now so a few more months aren't really going to make much difference.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie & Andy
Hi

If only they counted it as from when we all sent our apps in and not from we got our AOR we would be a couple of months nearer.I'm wanting to find out more about the bank account side of things, how are you opening them if you are still living over here,if you don't mind me asking? We are hopefully Calgary bound(whenever the time arrives).
Hi,

Canadian banks are legally obliged to open accounts for people including foreigners using tourist visa's. Of course you have to fulfill their ID criteria.(driving licence and passport) We will be opening an account with either TD Canada or Scotia bank. I believe they require a minimum deposit of $1500 and regular deposits to keep the account active.

I would be grateful for anyone who has done the same thing to post their experiences.
Cheers

Steve & Penny
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:21 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Baz and Annie,
Welcome to the wait!
One thing we've done to try to help time pass by is to make a list of all the things in England or locally that we've always wanted to do but never got round to doing. Each weekend we attempt to try to do one of these things, it's costing a fortune but it is helping the time and also we hope that in 10 years time we won't be sat in our house in Canada saying "I really wish we'd gone to....".
Good luck with your application!
Col
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hi Baz and Annie,
Welcome to the wait!
One thing we've done to try to help time pass by is to make a list of all the things in England or locally that we've always wanted to do but never got round to doing. Each weekend we attempt to try to do one of these things, it's costing a fortune but it is helping the time and also we hope that in 10 years time we won't be sat in our house in Canada saying "I really wish we'd gone to....".
Good luck with your application!
Col
Great Idea
We are also considering all the holiday places this side of the Globe that we havent done yet.
Would love to take a few months after the house has sold and travel Europe but that depends on timeline and finances at the time

Baz & Annie
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Al &Cand is on a distinguished road

Well its gone!

Baz & Annie

hi everyone
we're new to this forum, and like a lot of you we sent off our application last year and are still waiting on medical / interview requests.
What and where is this emigrate show???????????

take care
Al & Cand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.