Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Daugther PR expired and SIN lost, can we do anything?

Daugther PR expired and SIN lost, can we do anything?

Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daugther PR expired and SIN lost, can we do anything?

Originally Posted by Shirtback
From OP's first post: she is now here ...
But also 'wants to return' - two contradictory statements!

Hopefully the OP will clarify on timings, where 'here' is, etc, so we can try and help.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:33 am
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road

She doesnt meet the 730 days, but is in Canada now...
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:37 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Re bolded: no. As she is back in Canada, she needs to meet the RO (730 days on a rolling basis, counting back from the day she applies to renew PR card). All she has to do now is stay in Canada until she meets that requirement, *then* apply.

If she applies now, yes, she'll be in trouble.

Usual reminder that one does not require a valid PR card to live and work in Canada...

And on the whole, yes, OP's daughter has been very lucky so far. If I were her, I wouldn't tempt fate.
I am confused!

So if we do not submit the further inforamtion CIC requested and she stays in Cnada for 730 days then re apply.... how does that work with her status as PR and getting her SIN back? is that allowed?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tmb
I am confused!

So if we do not submit the further inforamtion CIC requested and she stays in Cnada for 730 days then re apply.... how does that work with her status as PR and getting her SIN back? is that allowed?
If you've already applied then CIC will know she didn't meet her RO at the time of the application, so it's a moot point.

Can you clarify, has she definitely not spend 730 days out of every 5 years since landing in Canada? Or did she come back for the summer etc?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tmb
I am confused!

Did CIC request further information, or did they reject the application?

The applicant has the right to withdraw his/her PR card renewal app without prejudice.

One has PR status until it is removed (by a court/judge). PR *status* does not expire, a PR card does.

You mention that your daughter has obtained a DL? And already had a SIN # that she has mislaid? So use DL as ID to retrieve SIN.

Then daughter does not leave Canada until she meets RO & reapplies for PR card renewal.

I'm NOT going to go any further with this: that would start to impinge on giving legal advice that I'm not qualified to give; & require me to detail a process I don't particularly agree with.

Your daughter is very lucky. Don't tempt fate & perhaps Google "RO not met +'PR card.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you've already applied then CIC will know she didn't meet her RO at the time of the application, so it's a moot point.
Application can be withdrawn, no prejudice. Just saying. And now I'm *really* bowing out .
Old Jul 28th 2015, 9:55 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

If she didn't meet the 730 day rule, she must have been pretty lucky to get into the country. Or did she come in as a visitor?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 10:09 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
If she didn't meet the 730 day rule, she must have been pretty lucky to get into the country. Or did she come in as a visitor?
Came as a visitor I guess on UK passport, said PR was I for renewal
Old Jul 28th 2015, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
If one travels on a visa-exempt passport, ... Chances are no-one asked any questions. Or if they did, "I'm waiting for PR card renewal to come through" would have sufficed.

Last edited by Shirtback; Jul 28th 2015 at 11:07 am.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If one travels on a visa-exempt passport, ... Chances are no-one asked any questions.
Except that you are asked questions on the Declaration Card, including a very pertinent one.

OP - what did your daughter put for Part C of that card? If she told the truth and got in then she's possibly got away with it (although can't set foot outside Canada for a few years, as above).
Old Jul 29th 2015, 3:43 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Except that you are asked questions on the Declaration Card, including a very pertinent one.

OP - what did your daughter put for Part C of that card? If she told the truth and got in then she's possibly got away with it (although can't set foot outside Canada for a few years, as above).
What are the consequences if she did not complete it truthfully and got in?
Old Jul 29th 2015, 3:46 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aviator
My daughter traveled with me so I filled in the card with her as a famy member
Old Jul 29th 2015, 4:09 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tmb
Either way, she's here. It would seem as long as she stays long enough to fulfill the residency requirements, she should be OK.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Aviator
Potentially having PR revoked for misrepresentation down the line - even citizenship can be revoked at a later date for the same reason.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by tmb
So what did you put on her card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.