daughter question

Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Carmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant future
Question daughter question

Hi all, I have a daughter that is 20 (21 in december this year) and she is thinking of coming to Canada with us, We will be putting in the application fairly soon, so I know from recent posts that her age even if it passes 22 will be locked in. My question is this, she is dependent on us, she is in full time College, but, she has a 8 month year old daughter herself, she isnt married or with the fathers baby. Will she still be able to come with us under the family class, or as she has a baby of her own that i look after while she is at college, will that mean she cant come with us this way.
Any help would be appreciated from you awesome guys.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:51 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: daughter question

Originally Posted by Carmoral
Hi all, I have a daughter that is 20 (21 in december this year) and she is thinking of coming to Canada with us, We will be putting in the application fairly soon, so I know from recent posts that her age even if it passes 22 will be locked in. My question is this, she is dependent on us, she is in full time College, but, she has a 8 month year old daughter herself, she isnt married or with the fathers baby. Will she still be able to come with us under the family class, or as she has a baby of her own that i look after while she is at college, will that mean she cant come with us this way.
This question came up recently. If the baby is also a dependent then it can be included.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: daughter question

Originally Posted by Carmoral
Hi

I don't know about the baby issue, and I havn't seen the other threads about dependants age but I just want to clear up one point.
Age is locked in with application but, dependency is not. So your daughter would have to remain in full time education right up to the time visas are issued or risk being taken off the application.

We faced this situation (minus the baby) with our oldest son when we went through the process and even our immigration consultant initially thought that he could be "locked in" with our application, but it turned out not to be the case. Luckily we were helped out by good advice from this site and our son enrolled in uni just before he turned 22 and so stayed on the application.

Of course you may well be aware of all of this and I appologise if I am teaching grandma to suck eggs so to speak, but I would hate to see anyone get caught out with this as it nearly ended our immgration plans.

Hope all your plans work out for getting your family over here.