Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Daughter on holiday when we are on Implied Status?

Daughter on holiday when we are on Implied Status?

Old May 4th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Daughter on holiday when we are on Implied Status?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question, i have tried calling CIC but keep getting cut off as they are busy!

We are here on Implied Status at the moment as we wait for the renewal of our work permit to come back. We have a 17 year old daughter who wants to go to California with a friend in the summer. Is there a way for her to do this while we are on Implied Status as i have doubt's we will get the renewal back by beginning of July. As she is not the one with a work permit i thought there may be a way to do this for her?

Any idea's? Thank-you kindly!
Old May 4th 2011, 7:57 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daughter on holiday when we are on Implied Status?

Originally Posted by JoolsGod
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question, i have tried calling CIC but keep getting cut off as they are busy!

We are here on Implied Status at the moment as we wait for the renewal of our work permit to come back. We have a 17 year old daughter who wants to go to California with a friend in the summer. Is there a way for her to do this while we are on Implied Status as i have doubt's we will get the renewal back by beginning of July. As she is not the one with a work permit i thought there may be a way to do this for her?

Any idea's? Thank-you kindly!
Implied status ends when you leave Canada. She could return to Canada as a visitor at the officer at the POE's discretion, but would not have study permit status until the new study permit was issued. (I assume she has a study permit being renewed at the moment too?)
Old May 4th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daughter on holiday when we are on Implied Status?

No, we never needed study permits for our 2 kids, Immigration Officer put them on my husbands work permit stating study permits were not necessary and they could go to school.

Oh well, she may just have to miss out this summer, thanks for the reply!