Damaged Passport

Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road
Default Damaged Passport

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a visa. My application is currently in process in London.

I have noticed that the plastic has started to come away on my passport where the photo is so I'm applying for a new passport today to prevent any future problems.

I was wondering if I email CHC with my new passport number would this be ok or could this cause problems with my application

On one of the initial forms I sent off it had my passport number on it which will now be different.

When I apply for my new passport I have to send my old one off which will get destroyed.

Thanks.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Damaged Passport

Hi there I'm not sure about the CHC issues but when you get a renewed passport they used to send back the old one with the corner cut off so if they still do that you should be able to demonstrate continuity of passports.

HTH

Tom
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi there I'm not sure about the CHC issues but when you get a renewed passport they used to send back the old one with the corner cut off so if they still do that you should be able to demonstrate continuity of passports.

HTH

Tom
Hi!

We had to apply to the British Consulate in Canberra for a new passport for our son last year. We asked them to return his old passport to us because it had his PR visa in it. The old passport was returned with the top right hand corner snipped off. We then had to take the passport to the Australian Dimia office in Brisbane to have the visa transferred to his new passport.

Hope this helps!

All the Best,

Maggie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauder99
If the passport is damaged they may well destroy it.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
If the passport is damaged they may well destroy it.
if they do destroy it do you think it will cause a problem that my passport will be differebt to the one i used when applying?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't make any difference so long as you inform them before you get the visa. Several other people have said they renewed their passports during the application and didn't have any problems.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkG
Shouldn't make any difference so long as you inform them before you get the visa. Several other people have said they renewed their passports during the application and didn't have any problems.
thats good to know. now i'm just hoping the ppr won't arrive before my new passport!!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a1anm
thats good to know. now i'm just hoping the ppr won't arrive before my new passport!!!
From what I remember the form with the PPR asks you to enter the passport number for the visa, so you'll probably be OK.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

afzalulh will become famous soon enoughafzalulh will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkG
I had to change three passports b4 medical request. I sent them photocopy of new passports and they put the new passport number on the medical forms. My application is in chc singapore.

Afzalulh
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

My passport was in a terrible state after all my years of student / gap year backpacking - being caught in monsoons, srunching it up in my shoes to avoid pickpockets etc.

It wouldn't swipe any more when we first came over. Had several trips to the states - no problems.

Renewed it this summer via Ottowa as it was expiring. Got it back with the corners cut off.

New passport looks way too shiny and new with a distinct lack of stamps or adventure to it - oh well.

Contacted BC PNP with new passport information.