Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

D.I.Y. or Use a consultant or lawyer?

D.I.Y. or Use a consultant or lawyer?

Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: D.I.Y. or Use a consultant or lawyer?

Originally Posted by ted34
Hi Everyone,

I am a self employed plumber from the U.K. am I interested in immigrating to Canada with my wife under the Federal Skilled Worker route.
I was wondering how many of you out there chose to undertake the process yourself or hired a consultant / lawyer to help you and if so who did you choose and how good were / are they.

Many Thanks

Ted.
Another vote for the DIY option. I managed to complete the forms without any problems and successfully appealed a 'Procedural Fairness Letter.' The provided guides are very good and the help on BE is invaluable. Top-Tip: get somebody to proof read everything before you send it off.