Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Customs declaration card (applying for TWP at POE)

Customs declaration card (applying for TWP at POE)

Old May 13th 2017, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Customs declaration card (applying for TWP at POE)

Hi, can anyone please remind me what I need to put down on the customs declaration card if applying for TWP at POE?

Visitor/Resident/Duration of stay?

I'm guessing visitor and for duration of stay the intendend number of days of validity for my TWP?

Thanks for clarifying!
Old May 13th 2017, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs declaration card (applying for TWP at POE)

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Hi, can anyone please remind me what I need to put down on the customs declaration card if applying for TWP at POE?

Visitor/Resident/Duration of stay?

I'm guessing visitor and for duration of stay the intendend number of days of validity for my TWP?

Thanks for clarifying!
You will put your regular home address, tick off visitor and number of days staying. Inform the CBSA at the Primary Inspection booth or kiosk that you need to apply for a work permit where you will then be sent to another officer to have the work permit issued. You will normally collect your bags before the work permit is issued.
Old May 13th 2017, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You will put your regular home address, tick off visitor and number of days staying. Inform the CBSA at the Primary Inspection booth or kiosk that you need to apply for a work permit where you will then be sent to another officer to have the work permit issued. You will normally collect your bags before the work permit is issued.
thanks! what number would I have to put down for "number of days visiting"? since I'm applying for a 2 year permit?

Last edited by kleinluka; May 13th 2017 at 4:06 pm.
Old May 13th 2017, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
thanks! what number would I have to put down for "number of days visiting"? since I'm applying for a 2 year permit?
2 x 365 = 730 days. I hope your TWP isnt for a Maths teachers job
Old May 13th 2017, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

haha Just wasnt sure if I should put the duration that I'm seeking for the TWP But yeah I am terrible at Math.

Thank you for answering
Old May 13th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are flying into YUL, you will fill out the customs form at one of the new machines.

Travellers - Automated Border Clearance
Old May 13th 2017, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bc2015
If you are flying into YUL, you will fill out the customs form at one of the new machines.

Travellers - Automated Border Clearance
Nope, YYZ but thank you
Old May 13th 2017, 7:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Unless they arrive in a leap year?