'currently processing'

Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

visioconf2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'currently processing'

hello,
i'm new here. i read in march 2007 the 'emigrate canada ' magazine where the CHC in london precised that they were processing the skilled workers applications submitted in nov/dec 2004.

as i have not subscribed to the magazine, i would like to know which applications the CHC is currently processing.

thanks
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 'currently processing'

Hi,

The last emigrate canada magazine stated that they were processing May 05 applications. When did you apply?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:55 am
Just Joined

my husband and i applied in january 2007. they told us when we received on march 07 our receipt/slip that they wouldn't process our file before 45 mths.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thats quite a wait....If you want to get there quicker you might want to consider the fast track routes such as the Provincial Nomination Programme or see if you can obtain a job offer first.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

we applied in march 2006 for work permits for skilled worker as hubby had secured a job we moved out to canada in sept 06 , we then submitted out pr status from canada in april 2007 and got pr in sept 2007. it really depends , ontario annouced this year they would fast track skilled workers.

we had no problems
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:17 am
Just Joined

hi bonsai,
can you explain to me what is the provincial programme or maybe there is a link somewhere that could give me info.
tx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:21 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Loads of info on the wiki files on the bar above

Here is the link to the pnp route, but in most cases you will need a job offer to go through pnp

Quickest way is job offer like the others have advised
Here is the link for wiki -- http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...ination-Canada

If you could advise where in canada you are heading we could send you the link to that area pnp. Ontario is in the beginning of pnp but it will depend on what jobs you are looking at etc etc

By the way Welcome to BE

Gill
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sound advice from Gill.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

thank you gill for the info.
i checked the pnp in alberta and bc ( which are the provinces where we would like to go) but they only look for people in fields that aren't ours.
so i guess we are gonna wait until they process our file.(they said not before 45 mths ).

btw, do you think that it usually takes so long for them to process the file? we read (from the emigrate canada magazine) that people got their visa 2 years after they sent their file to CHC.

tx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:56 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by visioconf2005
thank you gill for the info.
i checked the pnp in alberta and bc ( which are the provinces where we would like to go) but they only look for people in fields that aren't ours. are you sure about that? you don't say what kind of work you are looking for and what qualifications you have - you might be surprised...

so i guess we are gonna wait until they process our file.(they said not before 45 mths ).

btw, do you think that it usually takes so long for them to process the file? we read (from the emigrate canada magazine) that people got their visa 2 years after they sent their file to CHC.

tx
there is no "usually" in emigration process... every case is unique and if chc london put your application on the bottom of their application stack and think that they don't reach it for processing before october or november 2010, then that's based on their experience.
one of the reasons is that at least as long canada's economy is crying out for tens of thousands skilled workers everyone with a job offer (with an arranged employment offer aeo from hrsdc or via pnp) will have priority and jump in front of the queue. your file without job is going to approach the stage of processing with the speed of a snail.
do a search for andrew miller's comments about processing of simplified applications (sap). as a immigration pro he sees way more than the average joe here, and he knows what he is talking about.

sorry if that's not what you like to hear but: if you intend to be in canada before 2012 (afaik this 45 months mean start of assessment of your file, it takes another couple of months until your qualifications are assessed, medicals and background checks done and the pr visa issued) - look for a job.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:45 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof
do a search for andrew miller's comments about processing of simplified applications (sap). as a immigration pro he sees way more than the average joe here, and he knows what he is talking about.
andrew's post #5 in this thread would give you an idea...
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:14 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

like lof has said look for a job, if you do not meet pnp then the next step is job offer

What jobs are you looking for?

have you tried www.jobbank.gc.ca and monster.ca
but your canadian job search in google.ca and look for your area of work, see where the jobs are in demand, even if you are not on pnp the time scale that you are looking at can raise overnight, like lof has said do a search on andrew miller

I joined this year and his advise has been fantastic, so much so we was just looking at ontario, but now also looking at alberta.

Recci trips are the best way to secure a job, hubby has a couple of offers in when we can get over for him to meet them

Hope that helps, but dont give in, its a roller coaster of a ride

Gill
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:30 am
Just Joined

my husband is an investment banker and currently taking the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exam. he would like to get a job in investment management.

i imagine that we aren't the only guys that employers are looking for. it's probably very tough as well to get a job. mu husband has a US degree but for me it's only european.
i'll check though the websites that everybody gave me.

tx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

I am also in investment banking...if that is your husbands trade there is going to be little or no work out west, Toronto and Montreal are the hubs for that. Montreal for the Interest Rate and Bond market and Toronto for the stocks. Tell him to use the jobs section on a bloomberg terminal to look for any jobs, if he has a lot of experience in London then it puts him in a very good position.

I actually trade for a Uk based Hedge aswell as my own account, i could have got a work permit to go to Montreal, however my wife and i decided to sit tight and wait our 30 months (as per notification on our AOR) until we got PR and then i would continue the working from home aspect of my life.

Hope that helps

Chris