Wikiposts

Current London WP timelines

Old May 9th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Current London WP timelines

I can't seem to find a recent thread on this- so I thought I would find one to run alongside Gleech's LMO thread. It might help people as timesacles appear different now to even recent threads! Maybe everyone with reasonably recent/current WPs could reply:

Date submitted:
Date WPs received:
Concurrent or standard application:
Province of Job:
Occupation under pressure:
Medicals required:
Other info eg SOP etc:

Gryphea
Old May 9th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current London WP timelines

Date submitted: will arrive today , 10th May by special delivery
Date WPs received: not yet
Concurrent or standard application: Concurrent , LMO submitted 27th April
Province of Job: Alberta
Occupation under pressure: Yes
Medicals required: NoOther info eg SOP etc: SOP applied for
Gryphea
Old May 9th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Date submitted: will arrive today , 10th May by special delivery
Concurrent or standard application: Concurrent , LMO submitted 27th April
Medicals required: NoOther info eg SOP etc: SOP applied for
Gryphea

Hi,

Totally useless for you I know but they do appear to be moving fast in London, at least for citizenship certificates...

That said, If you have any plans for once over there (as in a job already lined up) Or know someone that can offer you a job (even if you don't plan to be employed by them) ring the CHC in London and tell them this and give them the person's details. They will mark your application as urgent.

In my case, as I plan to go as soon as my certificate arrives, I made arrangements out there for work and because of this it's (hopefully, fingers crossed) reduced the time considerably.

I applied on 2nd may, recieved my documents back from London on 5th May (supposed to take 2 months) and they have forwarded my application as urgent. According to the info I got back, I should have everything inside 3 months (again fingers crossed)!

There is info on the CIC web site about what qualifies you to make an urgent application I think, have a browse on there
Old May 10th 2007, 12:35 am
Albertian

liagora will become famous soon enough

Date submitted: 04.05.2007. (in person)
Concurrent or standard application: no LMO needed
Occupation under pressure: no
Medicals required: no
Other info eg SOP etc: applied for SOP as well. Were told that processing times are 6-8 weeks minimum.
What confused us the most, was the fact that they didn't give us any kind of receipt neither for the cash nor for the documents received. Is it supposed to be so ? I know that they send an aknowledgement letter when you apply by post, but we applied in person, so would be nice to get at least a receipt for the cash :curse:
Old May 10th 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andthen
Hi,

Totally useless for you I know but they do appear to be moving fast in London, at least for citizenship certificates...

That said, If you have any plans for once over there (as in a job already lined up) Or know someone that can offer you a job (even if you don't plan to be employed by them) ring the CHC in London and tell them this and give them the person's details. They will mark your application as urgent.

In my case, as I plan to go as soon as my certificate arrives, I made arrangements out there for work and because of this it's (hopefully, fingers crossed) reduced the time considerably.

I applied on 2nd may, recieved my documents back from London on 5th May (supposed to take 2 months) and they have forwarded my application as urgent. According to the info I got back, I should have everything inside 3 months (again fingers crossed)!

There is info on the CIC web site about what qualifies you to make an urgent application I think, have a browse on there
I'm not so sure they are moving fast! For everyone wanting work permits everyone is in the same position of having secured a job and it being one that hasn't been fillable by canadians (except internal company transfers) and therefore it could be argued that for the economy all are fairly urgent. I don't think there is anything that can be done, beyond what we have already done!

Thanks for your input - always nice to know that they can move fast in certain situations

Gryphea
Old May 10th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
I'm not so sure they are moving fast! For everyone wanting work permits everyone is in the same position of having secured a job and it being one that hasn't been fillable by canadians (except internal company transfers) and therefore it could be argued that for the economy all are fairly urgent. I don't think there is anything that can be done, beyond what we have already done!

Thanks for your input - always nice to know that they can move fast in certain situations

Gryphea
No problem

I think the line for citizenship certificates abroad is going to be a lot smaller anyway, seen as the only people requesting them are current citizens who have lost theirs or people like me, born outside Canada to a Canadian parent.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

Date submitted: 21st ish may
Date WPs received: not yet ( 6 weeks and counting )
Concurrent or standard application: standard LMO positive
Province of Job: Saskatchewan
Occupation under pressure: yes, I think, as i am able to aply for open wp on my husbands
Medicals required: No
Other info eg SOP etc:
Old May 12th 2007, 1:13 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carrieann
Date submitted: 21st ish may
Date WPs received: not yet ( 6 weeks and counting )
Concurrent or standard application: standard LMO positive
Province of Job: Saskatchewan
Occupation under pressure: yes, I think, as i am able to aply for open wp on my husbands
Medicals required: No
Other info eg SOP etc:
If your occupation is on the NOC list you can apply for open WP aswell, doesnt need to be under pressure.

I presume you meant 21st March not May. Mine went in 1st March...still nothing.
Old May 12th 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough

Date submitted:12/05/07
Date WPs received:14/05/07 (guaranteed delivery!)
Concurrent or standard application:Concurrent
Province of Job:Ontario
Medicals required:Yes
Other info eg SOP etc:What's SOP

Also message to the MODs

I thinkwe should have the 'timeline' posts as stickys. This will save people from having to post similar queries and it will help us too - don't know how but it will .

We can have various timeline stickys - WP, LMO, SW, etc etc
Old May 12th 2007, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Date submitted:12/05/07
Date WPs received:14/05/07 (guaranteed delivery!)
Concurrent or standard application:Concurrent
Province of Job:Ontario
Medicals required:Yes
Other info eg SOP etc:What's SOP

Also message to the MODs

I thinkwe should have the 'timeline' posts as stickys. This will save people from having to post similar queries and it will help us too - don't know how but it will .

We can have various timeline stickys - WP, LMO, SW, etc etc
Am I reading this right? You haven't got your dates wrong somehow as these are dates in the future?

Gryph
Old May 12th 2007, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram
If your occupation is on the NOC list you can apply for open WP aswell, doesnt need to be under pressure.

I presume you meant 21st March not May. Mine went in 1st March...still nothing.
Do they not cancel yours if they know you already have one?
Old May 12th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough

Hi

No dates are correct

i posted the WP today and it arrives there on Monday

Cheers
Old May 12th 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Hi

No dates are correct

i posted the WP today and it arrives there on Monday

Cheers

I was getting confused!!!! I thought you meant you knew you would be awarded them on 14th and I wondered how that was.

You are just behind us in the queue then- although I think your LMO was in earlier- so we'll see what happens!
Old May 12th 2007, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

OIC - i'm being dumb now

i thought received was when the CIC received them - DOH!!
Old May 12th 2007, 7:06 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

WP and SP arrived Saturday morning back in the UK for my wife and daughter. Originally sent to CIC London 27th February, logged on the system 1st March, Rec'd at home 12th May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.