Current Immigration Time Length

Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Wink Current Immigration Time Length

Hey Guys

I've just found this website and it looks like being most helpful. I'm currently going throught the emigration process, which i started in January of this year, and I've been keeping an eye on my progress online, but it just keeps saying in progress" anyone got any idea before i hear back anything?.
I have loads of questions to ask and would be very grateful to get in contact with some Expats living/working in Canada especially around the Toronto region. We have our eye on a place called Barrie which we visited lasy year, looks great, but its just the length of time you have to wait for a reply..........

Also I've paid the money to a immigration consultant (they ain't cheap are they), he has put a good case fwd for me, and has asked for a interview waiver, are these common?

Last edited by weener; Sep 12th 2004 at 11:20 pm. Reason: want to ask another question
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:12 am
Just Joined

cartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Immigration Time Length

Hey Weener

We also have an immigration lawyer and I think that if your application and supporting documentation is strong enough - and if you satisfy visa post that everything is water tight, then a waiver could be issued.

We have been told the same as you, but of course its very difficult as everyones case is different.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cartman
Hey Weener

We also have an immigration lawyer and I think that if your application and supporting documentation is strong enough - and if you satisfy visa post that everything is water tight, then a waiver could be issued.

We have been told the same as you, but of course its very difficult as everyones case is different.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for you response, when did you start your application?
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:21 am
Just Joined

cartman is an unknown quantity at this point

We started the process April this year and eventually had all documents to apply in August and are just now waiting the long wait - hopefully sometime next year - but who knows?

I am glad we hired a lawyer just for piece of mind - but we did panic at the beginning in case they were trying to rip us off - luckily they offer no visa no fee, not sure if that means anything?

What about yourself
Old Sep 13th 2004, 2:30 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Processing times at the CHC in London vary from 16 months to over 2 years. If you get an interivew waiver that would mean you should hear from the visa office by next january or so.

Originally Posted by weener
Hey Guys

I've just found this website and it looks like being most helpful. I'm currently going throught the emigration process, which i started in January of this year, and I've been keeping an eye on my progress online, but it just keeps saying in progress" anyone got any idea before i hear back anything?.
I have loads of questions to ask and would be very grateful to get in contact with some Expats living/working in Canada especially around the Toronto region. We have our eye on a place called Barrie which we visited lasy year, looks great, but its just the length of time you have to wait for a reply..........

Also I've paid the money to a immigration consultant (they ain't cheap are they), he has put a good case fwd for me, and has asked for a interview waiver, are these common?
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cartman
We started the process April this year and eventually had all documents to apply in August and are just now waiting the long wait - hopefully sometime next year - but who knows?

I am glad we hired a lawyer just for piece of mind - but we did panic at the beginning in case they were trying to rip us off - luckily they offer no visa no fee, not sure if that means anything?

What about yourself
We Recieved a acknowlegement receipt from the CIC in January this year. My Canadian Lawyer says at present its taking about 9 Months to a year to hear anything back, iwas just looking to make sure.
We had to pay over £1k up front and another £1k on issueing out permanent visas. I don't mind paying th money for a piece of mind if everything goes to plan, but your deal sounds better if you don't have to pay anything up front.
I'll HOPEFULLY hear something back by the end of this year.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

daisydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We Recieved a acknowlegement receipt from the CIC in January this year. My Canadian Lawyer says at present its taking about 9 Months to a year to hear anything back, iwas just looking to make sure.
We had to pay over £1k up front and another £1k on issueing out permanent visas. I don't mind paying th money for a piece of mind if everything goes to plan, but your deal sounds better if you don't have to pay anything up front.
I'll HOPEFULLY hear something back by the end of this year.

Thought I would cheer you up your consultant sounds cheap. I paid immigration consultants £3200 deposit and have to pay another £1600 on medicals...I really wish I hadn`t bothered, we didn`t score enough initiALLy so we thought it was our only hope. All they did was check our paperwork and the solicitors wrote a 3 page letter to support our application. As for support they just pass you on to other agencies. ( who want paying!)

I also got my AOR in January so I will keep you posted. It will be worth it in the end.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:53 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisydoo
Thought I would cheer you up your consultant sounds cheap. I paid immigration consultants £3200 deposit and have to pay another £1600 on medicals...I really wish I hadn`t bothered, we didn`t score enough initiALLy so we thought it was our only hope. All they did was check our paperwork and the solicitors wrote a 3 page letter to support our application. As for support they just pass you on to other agencies. ( who want paying!)

I also got my AOR in January so I will keep you posted. It will be worth it in the end.
Hmm, sounds very familiar!!
We're also using an agency and they're excellent...... excellent in just sending us printed off webpages that I've already seen myself!! Excellent in cocking up our original application which had to be sent back to them 3 times!! All they had to do was copy what we'd written in the forms . For a family of 5 though we've paid over £6k. Again we wish we hadn't bothered. We got our AOR in March.
I bet we're using the same agency Daisydoo
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daisydoo

WOW!! I thought mine cost alot of money, I have to ask, what does AOR stand for, when did you start you application?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:32 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

WOW!! I thought mine cost alot of money, I have to ask, what does AOR stand for, when did you start you application?
acknowledgement od receipt
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

To my knowledge, one cannot ask for an interview waiver
Or can you ?

Hey Guys

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
To my knowledge, one cannot ask for an interview waiver
Or can you ?
According to my immigration lawyer, you can as he's applied for one for me and he said all the appicants he appled for one for last year, got one!!.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:19 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

According to my immigration lawyer, you can as he's applied for one for me and he said all the appicants he appled for one for last year, got one!!.
The present selection system is designed to use interviews as the exception when needed to confirm some area or to go into a problem discovered on background checking. A well presented clear cut case should not need an interview. It is unlikely that visa officer would pay much attention to a request for waiver but instead would concentrate on the application package to reach a decision.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 2:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Your lawyer is selling you a little bit of b.s. - nobody pays attention to "request for interview waiver".

Interview is waived only if officer makes a determination that selection decision (positive or negative) can be made solely on the basis of submitted application package and supporting documents. If there is anything missing, inconclusive or raises follow-up questions and/or doubts then you will be called for interview regardless your lawyer's "request".