Current FSW Process

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Porkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current FSW Process

Hi Guys, as most of you have applied under the "old" system, does anyone have any real idea of the "current" process for a FSW application.

What I mean is, after you've applied, what currently happens next? as there's now no such thing as the 120 day email etc.

I would also appreciate any real life ideas as to realistic timeline going through London, again based on the current process.

Many thanks

Porkis
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current FSW Process

Plenty of threads around with recent timelines etc if you want to have a search, but you'll first get a PER or NER (positive eligibility review - you can guess what NER stands for!), then nothing until med requests from what I understand. Figure about a year processing time although quite a few people have had it sooner recently.

HTH.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Plenty of threads around with recent timelines etc if you want to have a search, but you'll first get a PER or NER (positive eligibility review - you can guess what NER stands for!), then nothing until med requests from what I understand. Figure about a year processing time although quite a few people have had it sooner recently.

HTH.
Thanks Oompa, although all of the threads I found were all 2010 and appeared to be based on the older way of doing things, ie years to get anywhere ?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porkis
Thanks Oompa, although all of the threads I found were all 2010 and appeared to be based on the older way of doing things, ie years to get anywhere ?
When did you apply, and which NOC?

BE does have timeline threads, but it's not the main purpose of the forum so if you want more detailed timelines then I'd suggest you look at a website specifically for that purpose i.e. Trackitt.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, I can apperciate that Oompa, and I've just found Trackitt, which looks ideal, thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi,

FYI: I applied under the new system in Sept 2010, received PER and file was sent to London VO on 13th Jan 2011. Still waiting to go into process.This may or may not be typical...some have gone through much quicker, some are still waiting.

Good luck with yours.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 1:02 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

We applied under the "new rules" as FSW Cat2 on 7th Sept 2010.

We are IN PROCESS and have been asked to submit new police checks (as the first ones were about to run out by the time they started processing us) and also updated IM0008, which we did 3 weeks ago today.

Awaiting meds requests now........
Old Sep 27th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

We applied under the "new rules" as FSW Cat2 in Nov 2010 and recevied our letter asking us to send passports on 20 September (well, today actually as we are on vacation currently so can't action until next week but pretty amazed at how quick its been).

Good luck Helcat, sending good vibes again so hopefully you'll hear something soon
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

havana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helcat12
We applied under the "new rules" as FSW Cat2 on 7th Sept 2010.

We are IN PROCESS and have been asked to submit new police checks (as the first ones were about to run out by the time they started processing us) and also updated IM0008, which we did 3 weeks ago today.

Awaiting meds requests now........
Hello Helcat

I am now very confused, my case is like yours. I got in 20 July 2011 a letter asking for updated IM0008, for that I have filled the old version of IM0008 not the new generic one. Am I wrong, could that be the cause of no further letter up to now??
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Bosco is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does the work visa process take?

What is the visa wokers normally apply for?

Is there a skills needed list?

Sorry for these basic questions - I am new to this forum.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:04 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by havana
Hello Helcat

I am now very confused, my case is like yours. I got in 20 July 2011 a letter asking for updated IM0008, for that I have filled the old version of IM0008 not the new generic one. Am I wrong, could that be the cause of no further letter up to now??
I don't know if that is the cause of any delay.
We assumed that they were asking for the updated IM0008 because they had changed the form. The information on it hasn't really changed, so that was all we could think of.
It is best to fill in the most up to date version of the forms whenever you are asked for them because they can ask again if it isn't the most recent version.

We sent in our new Police checks and the IM0008 by courier and they were received by the VO on the 3rd September.
Since then we have had no further communication. Medicals should be next for us, but when that will be is anybody's guess.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:06 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Bosco

For Federal Skilled Worker you need to look at this site.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

It should answer all your questions initially and then when you have specific questions about your own circumstances forum members will be able to answer them for you.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Helcat has directed you to the website that should be able to help (if you look up the top of this forum it has a sticky thread called something like 'essential resources', it's in there as well), but just wanted to say that if you have any further questions it would be better to start your own thread.

It would also be helpful if you can clarify what type of visa you are talking about - it is a Skilled Worker application (which results in Permanent Residency, not a work visa), or a Temporary Work Permit? There are only 29 occupations eligible for a Skilled Worker application without a job offer, details will be on the link Helcat gave you. As for processing time, etc, it will depend on exactly which visa.

Lastly, please take the time to read the link in my thread, thanks.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Bosco is an unknown quantity at this point

I am over 35. I don't know any employer or people in Canada.

I don't know anyone in Cnanda.

But I am interested to give it a go out there.

Would applying for a visa under the skilled worker catorary be my correct option?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:50 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

I am over 35. I don't know any employer or people in Canada.

I don't know anyone in Cnanda.

But I am interested to give it a go out there.

Would applying for a visa under the skilled worker catorary be my correct option?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

The above link is a graet place to start. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.