Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Current Express Entry Processing Timescales

Current Express Entry Processing Timescales

Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Current Express Entry Processing Timescales

Hi all,

It is now 2 weeks until the 6 month point after we submitted our application to CIC (AOR) under Express Entry. CIC quote an approximate 6 month timescale for EE applications to be processed.

Two questions:

1) Has anyone else recently received their COPR/Request for Passports and if so, how long has it taken since you applied?

2) Once approved and invited to land, how long are we likely to have to complete this process. Is this linked to the 1 year anniversary of the medical or the Police check? I am a little unclear of the process from this point forward so any information would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, due to a CIC administrative error, our application was cancelled six weeks after we applied and was re-instated under a new reference number. As such we now have no ability to view progress online which is really frustrating, despite many many attempts to link the application to our profile and technical queries to CIC.

There have been lots of really helpful posts on here recently - all advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Express Entry Processing Timescales

6 months is the processing standard for 80% of complete applications - so inevitably there are a few that can go over. I recently got PPR and it was about 7 months and 2 weeks.

The COPR will expire on the anniversary of your medical (unless CIC extend the validity which has happened).
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
6 months is the processing standard for 80% of complete applications - so inevitably there are a few that can go over. I recently got PPR and it was about 7 months and 2 weeks.

The COPR will expire on the anniversary of your medical (unless CIC extend the validity which has happened).
Congratulations, good to hear.

With the PPR, do you have to send the passport off or just send photocopies?

Also I have read that some people have to go for an interview. Do you know if this is selected randomly or is this just if you have special circumstances such as a criminal record?
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GermanytoCanada
Congratulations, good to hear.

With the PPR, do you have to send the passport off or just send photocopies?

Also I have read that some people have to go for an interview. Do you know if this is selected randomly or is this just if you have special circumstances such as a criminal record?
It depends. If you are from visa exempt country, then just photo copies. If not, then you need to send in original passports.

I don't think an interview will happen after PPR but I'm open to correction.