Current Climate and LMO's

Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:42 am
Just Joined

meteor1950 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current Climate and LMO's

I wonder if anyone can help, I appreciate we are coming out of a recession and that Candian companies put a hold on the LMO route. As a result we started our PR visa process 19 months ago, have our pre-approval and are now stuck in the system with a reference number.

We have just come back from Canada and my husband went to the Oil and Gas Expo in Calgary and had a number of companies eager for him to come on board (yeah) and asked if we could get out any quicker, hence my question should we push for these interested companies to get us out on work visas whilst waiting for our PR's or does Canada still have a block? we keep reading about labour shortage in the oil fields.

Many thanks
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:51 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Climate and LMO's

The trick it would seem to getting a positiveLMO ( there's been a lot rejected at the moment but also some success stories) is to make sure thtbthe post has been sufficiently well advertised and that the pay offered is above average.

If a company really can't get a Canadian under those conditions then the LMO should be granted