Wikiposts

Current AOR Being Processed?

Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

chutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nicechutley is just really nice
Default Current AOR Being Processed?

Can anybody tell me what date they are up to with processsing AORs?

We applied in October 2006 and had an AOR Feb 2007.

Unfortunately although we both have Masters Degrees, our jobs don't lend themselves to the PNP (RAF Officer and Enviromental Health Officer) so it is a case of patietly waiting until the skilled worker route. I'm not very good at being patient!!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Current AOR Being Processed?

Hi there,
Have a look through some of the posts in this section and that will usually give you an idea of where they are upto and also have a look on Trackitt:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...illed-workers/
I have seen a few posts on here in the last couple of weeks that seem to indicate that they are sending out 90 day letters and asking for updates from those who applied in the March - May 2006 bracket...But this is not an exact science as there are still those from before that who haven't heard anything..
Not sure if that helps you?
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:09 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chutley
Can anybody tell me what date they are up to with processsing AORs?

We applied in October 2006 and had an AOR Feb 2007.

Unfortunately although we both have Masters Degrees, our jobs don't lend themselves to the PNP (RAF Officer and Enviromental Health Officer) so it is a case of patietly waiting until the skilled worker route. I'm not very good at being patient!!
Hi Chutley

Another site member with an AOR in May 2006 has recieved a 90 day letter. This is definately the freshest I've seen.

I applied 3 months after you so I am watching with interest to see what the impact of the Simplified Application Process will have when they finish all the applications under the old system of sending everything upfront.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Hi Chutley

Another site member with an AOR in May 2006 has recieved a 90 day letter. This is definately the freshest I've seen.

I applied 3 months after you so I am watching with interest to see what the impact of the Simplified Application Process will have when they finish all the applications under the old system of sending everything upfront.
Go to Trackitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...illed-workers/
click on AOR date for London and it will give a fairly go idea what is being processed.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

chutley, not sure what flavour RAF officer (I was one once) but obviously if Eng etc there may be alternative routes (ie looking for jobs in trade instead of solely managerial type skills). Again, not sure what degree subjects you have, but would suggest looking at registering with appropriate canadian professional organisations. What type of jobs do you actually want to pick up?
We are in almost identical situation as per skills, education, and current application status (AOR Jan 07) but have decided that to look for a job offer and attempt LMO/TWP route (and try to expedite PR with perm job offer in country) is actually our best chance of moving within the next couple of years. In fact OH flies back later today after interview (fingers crossed).
Don't forget there is still a sense of unease as to how long AOR post sept 06 applications will be dealt with, due to the much higher (I believe?) number of applications submitted by Simplified Application post that date. I don't think it will be as simple as tracking the AORs through the timeline for either of us! I wish!

Hope it all works out.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Simply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really nice

Hi

Just got back from a 2 week vacation to Canada and my update letter was here when we got back this morning!!

We applied 24 June 2006 - hopefully you should hear something soon Our letter says for applications submitted May and June 2006 so you may hear in the next couple of months.

Good luck
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

What a treat that must have been! You must be over the moon...July 2006 AOR...this really is brilliant news!
Congrats and good luck!
Can I ask what they have asked for updates on?
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

thats brilliant news , i bet you were so pleased (and a bit shocked too ) xxxxx
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

blake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the rough

I'm really curious to know whats happening at CHC London at the moment, have they increased the number of officers etc?

By sending out all these update letters in the last couple of weeks, they presumably must be prepared to deal with all the updated docs which are being returned now as a result.

Having sent our info back on the 4th of August, I'm now wondering whether the gap to sending out med requests is also being reduced as part of this current initiative - or - will med requests be delayed as a result of increased volume of cases.

I also wonder whether its connected to the fact that the CIC published processing times are calculated up until October, so maybe London have set themselves a target of reducing their average.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I also wonder why there has been this drive but in relation to Bill c-50 being passed they did talk about extra resource etc to deal with the back log so maybe we are starting to see this? I have read quite a few posts on here saying that Summer is usually the quietest time due to holidays etc...Well if this is quiet then imagine what it will be like come September Can't knock it at all though..speeding up the process can only ever be a good thing..MAybe there is a drive to get through all of the "Full" applications as the updates required should hopefully be a minimum? Or maybe they are just pushing hard to get through everything pre feb 2008 so that they can start applying the new criteria...Who knows but its all good for everyone in the queue...
Good luck to everyone
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 24th 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Simply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really nice

Hi Tim

Very pleased and surprised too. They want updated forms, pics of kids, highest exam cert, proof of settlement funds and new police checks. Shouldn't be too hard to sort - needs to be back by November.

The only disappointment was the letter - all you receive is a standard letter that is as personal as the AOR!!! But at least the process should now begin.

Cheers
Lynne
Old Aug 24th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lynne
Thanks for that..As we may not be far behind you (fingers crossed) its interesting to know what stuff they are asking for just so we can be better prepared..We actually applied through some immigration Lawyers in Toronto so we will never receive the brown envelop ourselves and it will just be an e mail I guess which will be even more disappointing
I think we had already sent our degree certificates and we don't have any kids so it might just be updated forms, proof of funds and new police checks for us
Well, good luck in collecting that info...You'll be able to get aweay with using the older police certs won't you instead of the the new ACPO or ACRO or ASBO whatever its called
Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice
Red face Re: Current AOR Being Processed?

Hi everyone ,

Newphase here , gosh wish we where up to the next stage... low down on our situation..
Applied 22nd january 2007 . AOR march 2007 ... 42-48mnths. Skilled workers route.. so very pleased for everyone and hope things do move faster because it truly is frustrating waiting like this
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
Is it newphase or nextphase..you seem to be in a muddle
Yes the wait is frustrating but at least they give you a clue on the AOR letter how long it could take...If you haven't read it can I direct you to the sticky at the top of this forum called "ammendments to IRPA" as there have recently been some very big changes and we are just waiting to finding out exactly how that will impact applications...its a long one but worth the read and have a read through the wiki section which also has lots of valuable information and should help you out with a lot of questions you might have..
Welcome to the forum anyway, you'll find it a very helpful and informative place
Cheers
Tim
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi , Thank you very much for the reply ..

nextphase .... how daft ! guess because have the thoughts of newphase and new begining in our minds constantly like all of us..
Have found this site great and feel better already reading and knowing how everyone else is .