CSQ - TEFAQ score

Old May 20th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

heyram009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CSQ - TEFAQ score

Hi All,

I took my French Exam (TEFAQ) last week and I got my test score (Comprehension Oral - B1 and Expression Oral - A1 level) today.

I attend an interview in Paris last year and they said I got only 59 points.
To obtain CSQ (63 points), I have to take B1 level as I got only A1 at the time of interview. So they have given one year time to learn French and show my French test score in intermediate B1 level.
Also I had been given only 6 points for my work experience. Now I have completed 4 years , so I will get 2 more points for the work experience.
Will they consider my one year experience points now?

I am going to send my test score next month.
Could any one tell me what are the points for “CO - B1 and EO - A1 “ level French.

Thanks in advance
Old May 20th 2011, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CSQ - TEFAQ score

Originally Posted by heyram009
Hi All,

I took my French Exam (TEFAQ) last week and I got my test score (Comprehension Oral - B1 and Expression Oral - A1 level) today.

I attend an interview in Paris last year and they said I got only 59 points.
To obtain CSQ (63 points), I have to take B1 level as I got only A1 at the time of interview. So they have given one year time to learn French and show my French test score in intermediate B1 level.
Also I had been given only 6 points for my work experience. Now I have completed 4 years , so I will get 2 more points for the work experience.
Will they consider my one year experience points now?

I am going to send my test score next month.
Could any one tell me what are the points for “CO - B1 and EO - A1 “ level French.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Here's the selection grid with points which I used when I was applying to see how they score. It should still be up to date.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...e-synthese.pdf

Don't worry they will take into account the extra work experience you have.

I get the impression they would have selected you anyway if you're French had been slightly more advanced which it obviously now is and you have proof of that so don't worry about the whole points thing because I don't think they necessarily score each level of French.

Just submit your results with an updated demande de certificat de selection and you'll get the CSQ in the mail....
Old May 20th 2011, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Now it is not just about points it is about having the language level you require to integrate in Quebec.

They would not have asked for level B1 they would have asked for a level on the Canadian Scale

A1 = 0 or 1 B1 = 4 or 5. When I did it, they asked for a 5.

There is a big difference between a level A1 and a Level B1 if you could communicate at B1 (Lower intermediate) you are well on your way, an A1 level is just a beginner level of french.

I would say that you have not achieved the level they asked for, so you will be depending on them using their discretion.

Don't worry about the points thing, focus on the french thing. Write a covering letter when you send in the results explaining that you are continuing your studies of the french language (Maybe do a full time two week intensive course in Paris (if you can afford it and drop it off personnally).

Good luck, it could all still work out. My advice is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

heyram009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andy85 and britsnake for your valuable suggestion and reply.

I am also looking for the best only.

Thanks.