Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CSQ - Quebec Application - Employment References

CSQ - Quebec Application - Employment References

Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

halftheworldaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CSQ - Quebec Application - Employment References

Originally Posted by sasi
Thank you so much Neilt for your answer, yes that helps. But I was thinking I have been a full-time student for the past 5 years so student has been my principal activity and I probably won't have much experience as a nurse when I'll be ready to apply. Of course I have worked here and there as student, so I guess my question is If I did provide maybe 2 reference letters from 2 past employers would that be ok? and not provide all of them? (some places i only worked like 1 month, some other places I was a temp for a couple of weeks, so really can't get to all of them).
I think as long as you show you've made an effort to get as many of your references as possible in your application and provide an explanation for any gaps I think you should be fine, but that's just my opinion others with more experience of the system may have a better idea of what is acceptable.

I would concentrate on getting references for the Companies that you've worked for more than 6 months.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

sasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilt
I think as long as you show you've made an effort to get as many of your references as possible in your application and provide an explanation for any gaps I think you should be fine, but that's just my opinion others with more experience of the system may have a better idea of what is acceptable.

I would concentrate on getting references for the Companies that you've worked for more than 6 months.

Best of luck.
Thanks Neilt for takin time to answer. It thought so too that only gaps in employment and/or activities should be explained and employment if claiming for it should be proved... maybe somebody will add more but thanks much!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by neilt
I've been looking into the details for employment references and I think I need to provide a job description as well. When you applied did you just provide the basic details (i.e. your name, position, salary and duration of employment)

Taken from the Quebec website:

Les attestations de travail doivent être produites sur le papier en-tête de l’entreprise. Elles doivent être datées, signées et porter le nom du signataire. Elles doivent aussi contenir les renseignements suivants :

* vos dates de début et de fin d'emploi;
* le cas échéant, votre numéro d’immatriculation à la sécurité sociale relative à votre activité professionnelle;
* les coordonnées de vos employeurs, y compris leur numéro de téléphone;
* les postes que vous avez occupés et la description des tâches que vous avez effectuées.

I think the last bit is looking for a job description or maybe my french isn't very good

hmm yeah... well i put my job description on the application form for the CSQ and on my resume but it wasn't included in any of the reference letters I sent them and they accepted it....I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Up to you
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

comment_vous_allez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, will my basic french do for an application for CSQ? My occupation and education is in their list and I got 7.5 in IELTS. However, for French, I only had 58 hours of studies with Alliance Francaise. Please advise.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by comment_vous_allez
Hi guys, will my basic french do for an application for CSQ? My occupation and education is in their list and I got 7.5 in IELTS. However, for French, I only had 58 hours of studies with Alliance Francaise. Please advise.
impossible to tell. they really want people who speak french but if you have good qualifications/good degree/plenty of work experience they might select you if you demonstrate you are trying to improve your french. the interview will be key.