CSQ documents - help!

Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:21 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default CSQ documents - help!

Hi!

I'm living in Montreal and have enough points to apply for my CSQ. I'm preparing my application and kept noticing mention of appendices but without a link I was unable to find them and (wrongly) assumed I was exempt as a result of already being in Canada. I was reading other CSQ threads in this forum and as a result, I've finally found the website with the appendices, which has given me a massive headache and a lot of questions.

1) Copy of all work certificates
I've never even heard of that before but I assume from their description it's something my former employer will write with the information CIC wants. What happens if my former employer refuse to write this work certificate for me? They won't even give me a personalised reference, just a generic piece of HR rubbish, so I don't hold out any hope for this certificate!

2) First and last pay stubs from that employment.
Mine are all in the UK still at my parent's house, probably having been moved to a 'safe place.' What happens if I (or rather, my parents) can't find these? I already know that the first ever pay stub is missing...

3) Copy of your family record.
What on earth is that???!

Hey, this is me and I'm a little puppy jumping through hoops for CIC's amusement!

Any answers or advice anyone can give would be much appreciated. I'm almost tempted to just apply without these things to see what would happen but suspect I'd just be wasting my time!

Merci beaucoup,
Cat

Last edited by catpea33; Dec 1st 2011 at 1:05 am.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CSQ documents - help!

Hi Cat,

I think you would be required to show them at least any of the document to prove that you worked..and have work experience if you are specifying that in your application otherwise they would not count as your experience. I already had a bad experience with quebec immigration office because of that.

So at least get your pay stubs in case you cannot get a experience letter from your employer.

Thanks
Gaurav
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Your employer should not refuse to write one. Just let them know that it it is not a personal reference but just a statement of fact.

It will contain your Start and end date your job titles and a job description. It does not even have to say if you are any good.

I had a couple of employers who were reluctant at first but when i told them what they had to do they were willing. In one cases I even sent them a draft letter and asked them to attach my Job description and put it on headed paper and sign it. HR rubbish should be perfect.

The livret de famille is a document unique to france. You get it when you get married in france and then when you have children they add them to this document when you register their birth. I do not think there is a UK equivilent.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:17 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gaurav_OT
I think you would be required to show them at least any of the document to prove that you worked..and have work experience if you are specifying that in your application otherwise they would not count as your experience. I already had a bad experience with quebec immigration office because of that.
Ok, thanks for your reply Gaurav. Will see what I can do re: the work certificate and if it's a no-go then maybe my contracts, promotion letters and eventual resignation response will help me with that.

Cat
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:18 pm
is awesome

Originally Posted by britsnake
Your employer should not refuse to write one. Just let them know that it it is not a personal reference but just a statement of fact.

It will contain your Start and end date your job titles and a job description. It does not even have to say if you are any good.

I had a couple of employers who were reluctant at first but when i told them what they had to do they were willing. In one cases I even sent them a draft letter and asked them to attach my Job description and put it on headed paper and sign it. HR rubbish should be perfect.

The livret de famille is a document unique to france. You get it when you get married in france and then when you have children they add them to this document when you register their birth. I do not think there is a UK equivilent.
Ok cool. I'll send it to the nicest HR person in my former company! Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the info as well about the livret de famille. I was googling like a madwoman and didn't come up with any info on it. No wonder!

Thanks
Cat