CRS Points guidance - EE

Old Jul 28th 2019, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

kwright32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRS Points guidance - EE

Hello everyone,

Me and my partner are in the early stages of getting organised to create a profile for our express entry process.

Im 27 and degree educated - my partner is 36 and isn't degree educated - Im a senior HR professional and he is a Sales Director.

We have carried out some research into what our points would be, (with me as lead applicant), and we believe we would be around 435... however, I have a CIPD qualification (Level 3) and an ILM qualification (level 3) which I will be sending off to WES to see if this could be verified, if so, these would take out points up to 467.

We have out IELTs booked, and the above prediction would be based on us scoring good scores in these I am concerned that WES will not recognise my additional qualifications meaning that we would only be sat at 435. Does anyone have any tips on how to boost points? I am concerned it would be a pointless exercise entering the pool at 435...

Thanks so much in advance
Old Aug 1st 2019, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRS Points guidance - EE

Originally Posted by kwright32
Hello everyone,

Me and my partner are in the early stages of getting organised to create a profile for our express entry process.

Im 27 and degree educated - my partner is 36 and isn't degree educated - Im a senior HR professional and he is a Sales Director.

We have carried out some research into what our points would be, (with me as lead applicant), and we believe we would be around 435... however, I have a CIPD qualification (Level 3) and an ILM qualification (level 3) which I will be sending off to WES to see if this could be verified, if so, these would take out points up to 467.

We have out IELTs booked, and the above prediction would be based on us scoring good scores in these I am concerned that WES will not recognise my additional qualifications meaning that we would only be sat at 435. Does anyone have any tips on how to boost points? I am concerned it would be a pointless exercise entering the pool at 435...

Thanks so much in advance
Is that assuming top IELTS scores or just good ones, it's not always easy to score top top marks although of course it is achievable.

To boost points look at what you score for... job offers, french language skills etc may boost your points somewhat.

At 27 your still eligible for IEC, providing you could land a skilled role (and skilled is a very broad term) in NOC codes A,B or 00 your partner (providing its classifies as common law partner) would qualify for an open work permit. meaning you could both go to Canada for 2 years and work, boosting your scores and making you eligible under the CEC class.

Alternatively at 27 you are young enough to get additional post secondary education without losing any points for your age for another 2-3 years, but this of course runs the risk of points rising further or the scheme being scrapped entirely.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have since read a few threads mentioning that CIPD is recognised by WES. Also, I have found my ILM certification is City & Guilds Level 3 - so there is a chance this may be recognised also.

Failing that, I think our approach would be for me to obtain further education over the next few months and re-apply early next year once completed.

I am currently navigating trying to ensure all my education providers send the correct info (and in the correct format) across to WES - which is significantly more stressful than i anticipated!
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 4:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have since read a few threads mentioning that CIPD is recognised by WES. Also, I have found my ILM certification is City & Guilds Level 3 - so there is a chance this may be recognised also.

Failing that, I think our approach would be for me to obtain further education over the next few months and re-apply early next year once completed.

I am currently navigating trying to ensure all my education providers send the correct info (and in the correct format) across to WES - which is significantly more stressful than i anticipated!
Most courses need to have been full time for a minimum of a year (or part time over several years) - and academic rather than professional - to be counted for points for Education.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know what kind of ‘one year’ courses are recognised by WES? Might have to start enrolment soon if points aren’t enough?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what kind of ‘one year’ courses are recognised by WES? Might have to start enrolment soon if points aren’t enough?
Full-time and academic, so something like a masters etc. But tbh, given you have the IEC route open to you, I can't see why you'd spend the money and time getting a further educational credential, when you could just move on an IEC? It would be a MUCH easier/quicker/cheaper way to get your points up, and get you to Canada sooner.

HTH.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Full-time and academic, so something like a masters etc. But tbh, given you have the IEC route open to you, I can't see why you'd spend the money and time getting a further educational credential, when you could just move on an IEC? It would be a MUCH easier/quicker/cheaper way to get your points up, and get you to Canada sooner.

HTH.
+1 for IEC. Have you run the points calculator based on having a year of. Canadian experience?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi

thank you for taking the time to reply.

Just re ran the points and it’s 490 with a year working experience in Canada.... going to read more into that route this afternoon as a lot rides on the PR application with my WES assessment

thanks all
Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad

+1 for IEC. Have you run the points calculator based on having a year of. Canadian experience?
I’ve just noticed the age limit on the IEC visa - I’m assuming my partner being 36 would mean he wouldn’t be able to come with me?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve just noticed the age limit on the IEC visa - I’m assuming my partner being 36 would mean he wouldn’t be able to come with me?
As long as you the applicant are 30 or under (35 if Irish) then it doesn't matter.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As long as you the applicant are 30 or under (35 if Irish) then it doesn't matter.
in addition once you find work in a skilled role (NOC 0,A or B) your partner could get an open work permit as well.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
this is promising. I can’t find the right info re. accompanying common law partner under an IEC visa - you don’t happen to have a link do you?

Thanks so much
Old Aug 4th 2019, 4:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

this is promising. I can’t find the right info re. accompanying common law partner under an IEC visa - you don’t happen to have a link do you?

Thanks so much
They don't "accompany" you per se (there are no dependents for IEC work permit applicants) - the IEC applicant enters Canada with their Letter of Introduction and obtains their work permit. The partner enters as a visitor.

Once the work permit holder obtains a full time skilled job then the accompanying partner can go to the border with a copy of the WP holders work permit, contract of employment, paystub etc., and obtain an open work permit on the back of it.

You can find more info about "can my partner work in Canada - they are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student"

Who can apply for an open work permit?

Can my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children come with me to Canada?
Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
International Experience Canada