Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:29 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

We went there yesterday as well. Must have just missed you guys big Blond guy at the counter. Stern but nice. Told us about all the big houses on the islands locally quite interesting really. we were there bout 2 oclock.
Must admit it was much easier to go there than niagara and we got to see some towns we've never seen.
Now that you have student permits for the kids what about yourself are you going to try to extend your stay the next time you land in Canada?





Originally Posted by Alex and Bob
Hi Iain,
Thanks for the info went there today to get study permits.It was a breeze.
Only 2 and a half hours along hassle free roads and no problems when we got there. We were home 6 hours from when we set out and that was with an hour stop for lunch.
CROCODILEBILL is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:50 pm
  #17  
Moderαtor Emeritus
 
iaink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 30,768
iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Glad to help, Its a nice part of the world around there. Not quite as jaw dropping as Niagara Falls, but not as commercialised either. The boat tours around the islands are a good way to break up the drive on a nice day, and the 1000 islands parkway is a nicer drive than the 401, if not quite as quick.

Iain
iaink is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:51 pm
  #18  
squarepants
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

I can attest to that, it's a nicer part of the world, but Niagara on the lake rocks harder We of course were at the 1000 islands and took the 1hr cruise, a couple of weeks ago, it's amazing and I recommend it to anyone.

Seems like you guys are in the campelford area, make sure you try the big apple stuff sometimes, it's a bit pricy, but nice, you can't miss it really, it's on the right hand side as you are driving east of Toronto on the 401.

Yummy





Originally Posted by iaink
Glad to help, Its a nice part of the world around there. Not quite as jaw dropping as Niagara Falls, but not as commercialised either. The boat tours around the islands are a good way to break up the drive on a nice day, and the 1000 islands parkway is a nicer drive than the 401, if not quite as quick.

Iain
 
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:13 pm
  #19  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

EXCELLENT NEWS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased that Study Permits and all have been sorted! We may be going down this route at Christmas as Hubby has been into Peterborough and really wants to do this MBA thing whether or not we have PR, so sooner the better for us!

Did you get Study Permits for adults as well as children? And for how long are they valid? A&B I really do hope that this means that your PR should be right behind then now and then all the wait will be worth it.

Good luck Crocbill and A & B!!!! Keep me posted.

Hi Iain, so sorry we didn't hook up again but we were just so busy and having such a fab time spending loads of money! You know how it goes when girlies are given carte-blanche with the credit card and have a whole house to furnish. Hope all is well with you too.

Tia
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:18 pm
  #20  
squarepants
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Jeez Tia,

Where the devil have you been, you sort of dsiappared from the board, now I know what you have been up to, stretching that plastic to the limits How are thing on the application fronts, where has mr Tia chosen to do his MBA?






Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
EXCELLENT NEWS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased that Study Permits and all have been sorted! We may be going down this route at Christmas as Hubby has been into Peterborough and really wants to do this MBA thing whether or not we have PR, so sooner the better for us!

Did you get Study Permits for adults as well as children? And for how long are they valid? A&B I really do hope that this means that your PR should be right behind then now and then all the wait will be worth it.

Good luck Crocbill and A & B!!!! Keep me posted.

Hi Iain, so sorry we didn't hook up again but we were just so busy and having such a fab time spending loads of money! You know how it goes when girlies are given carte-blanche with the credit card and have a whole house to furnish. Hope all is well with you too.

Tia
 
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:31 pm
  #21  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Originally Posted by squarepants
Jeez Tia,

Where the devil have you been, you sort of dsiappared from the board, now I know what you have been up to, stretching that plastic to the limits How are thing on the application fronts, where has mr Tia chosen to do his MBA?
Hi Squares,

Where have I been???? Ontario.........with dial-up!!!! Only got broadband about 2 days before we returned to UK, so was finding it too much like hard work so didn't come on (didn't have too much trouble with the credit card though!). Best purchases were Dodge Ram 2500 and my fabulous Maytag appliances.....they are just the best!

We have been out there for pretty much the whole of August and didn't want to return to the UK!

Mr Tia looked at the Uni's in Peterborough and also at Fleming which doesn't run MBA courses but a similar one. Have you studied in Peterborough?

Application seems to be dragged out of the drawer finally. They requested RCMP checks which we told them we didn't need as we had never "lived" in Canada (but got them anyway whilst we were out there) and one tax letter from IR, which has been asked for and will be sent off within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed that we will have it shortly and that they don't just throw us back into that darned drawer again!!! LOL!!

What are you doing out there? Sorry I can't remember.
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:47 pm
  #22  
squarepants
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Dodge ram you say, you are not going to be one of those drivers that think they own the road because they are in a truck eh?

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/dodge..._overview.html

Am in Milton, just west of Toronto, but like that areas where you are, I find the drive ralxing and so tranquil Am a computer engineer, and work for one of the big five companies in Ontario, it's been hard landing a job, but I plan to go back and do some more studying, but don't want to get into debt doing it.

Here are a few schools your husband can try looking into, if he hasn't already

http://www.quinte.on.ca/sites/education.htm

http://www.visitcampbellford.ca/

http://www.quinte.on.ca/campbellford/







Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hi Squares,

Where have I been???? Ontario.........with dial-up!!!! Only got broadband about 2 days before we returned to UK, so was finding it too much like hard work so didn't come on (didn't have too much trouble with the credit card though!). Best purchases were Dodge Ram 2500 and my fabulous Maytag appliances.....they are just the best!

We have been out there for pretty much the whole of August and didn't want to return to the UK!

Mr Tia looked at the Uni's in Peterborough and also at Fleming which doesn't run MBA courses but a similar one. Have you studied in Peterborough?

Application seems to be dragged out of the drawer finally. They requested RCMP checks which we told them we didn't need as we had never "lived" in Canada (but got them anyway whilst we were out there) and one tax letter from IR, which has been asked for and will be sent off within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed that we will have it shortly and that they don't just throw us back into that darned drawer again!!! LOL!!

What are you doing out there? Sorry I can't remember.
 
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:08 am
  #23  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Originally Posted by squarepants
Dodge ram you say, you are not going to be one of those drivers that think they own the road because they are in a truck eh?
MOI????? What are you implying?? Hee hee.

Am in Milton, just west of Toronto, but like that areas where you are, I find the drive ralxing and so tranquil Am a computer engineer, and work for one of the big five companies in Ontario, it's been hard landing a job, but I plan to go back and do some more studying, but don't want to get into debt doing it.
Are you Mickj?? You old dog, how the heck are you?
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:05 pm
  #24  
mañana is my busiest day
 
oceanMDX's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Posts: 2,636
oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Mickj lives in Guelph not Milton.
oceanMDX is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:10 pm
  #25  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Mickj lives in Guelph not Milton.
So? He may have moved! Sounds like him and a little birdy told me it was him. Can you honestly believe that he has left this forum for good? And after being banned do you think that he would post his correct location?
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 11:09 pm
  #26  
mañana is my busiest day
 
oceanMDX's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Posts: 2,636
oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
So? He may have moved! Sounds like him and a little birdy told me it was him. Can you honestly believe that he has left this forum for good? And after being banned do you think that he would post his correct location?
Yes. Okay. No. No.

Makes sense.
oceanMDX is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:28 am
  #27  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Crocodilebill are you out there ?

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Yes. Okay. No. No.

Makes sense.
Hee hee!
Tiaribbon is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.