Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehabilitation processing times

Criminal Rehabilitation processing times

Old Apr 6th 2019, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

dw8400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal Rehabilitation processing times

I applied for Criminal Rehabilitation at the end of October. At the end of Jan, I received an email saying that my offences were considered to be serious and I should pay an extra 800$ and send some character references. I made some big mistakes in my early 20's resulting in some drug convictions as well as a couple of DUI's. Since then I have severely turned my life around and have plenty evidence to support this.

I sent the required documentation at the end of Jan. Emailed at the end of Feb asking for an update, was told that my application is awaiting officer review and no update can be given.

Are there others on the forum that can share similar experiences as to how long similar applications took to process? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Rehabilitation processing times

Originally Posted by dw8400
I applied for Criminal Rehabilitation at the end of October. At the end of Jan, I received an email saying that my offences were considered to be serious and I should pay an extra 800$ and send some character references. I made some big mistakes in my early 20's resulting in some drug convictions as well as a couple of DUI's. Since then I have severely turned my life around and have plenty evidence to support this.

I sent the required documentation at the end of Jan. Emailed at the end of Feb asking for an update, was told that my application is awaiting officer review and no update can be given.

Are there others on the forum that can share similar experiences as to how long similar applications took to process? It would be greatly appreciated.
The quoted timeline is a year or so, it can often be quicker but that's for more minor offences. I'd guess yours will take around the year (possibly more), so don't worry if you don't hear anything for a while.

Was this just for visiting or a visa app?
Old Apr 6th 2019, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

dw8400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criminal Rehabilitation processing times

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The quoted timeline is a year or so, it can often be quicker but that's for more minor offences. I'd guess yours will take around the year (possibly more), so don't worry if you don't hear anything for a while.

Was this just for visiting or a visa app?
The intention would be to apply for a Visa if I get approved. I haven't made any sort of Visa application yet as I knew I was inadmissible and not eligible to apply for rehabilitation until last August when the end of my driving ban had passed the 5 year mark.