Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehabilitation & IEC Working Holiday

Criminal Rehabilitation & IEC Working Holiday

Old Mar 16th 2022, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

dquinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal Rehabilitation & IEC Working Holiday

Hello again been a while since I have posted here...

Basically I have a Careless Driving conviction that happened in 2014 (only thing on my criminal record), and I was made aware that I am in the awkward spot where I could be inadmissible but I might not be aswell. I have received my invitation to apply to IEC, and I plan to go along with the application disclosing my criminal record and providing necessary documents.

Here are my questions:
- Can I apply for criminal rehabilitation in conjunction with my IEC Working Holiday visa and specify this on my IEC application, in the hope that my IEC will be approved after my criminal rehabilitation has been process/approved and therefore I wont be losing out on my invitation.

- What documentation would I need for my criminal rehabilitation? I have my Acro police certificate, Subject Access Request and a Court record confirming the date and receipt of the fine being paid. I called the court and asked for court records for this case and all I got in the mail was a receipt for the fine being paid, are immigration expecting more court documents than this?
Old Mar 16th 2022, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Rehabilitation & IEC Working Holiday

Yes you can submit a Rehabilitation package.

Link to package

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-activity.html
Old Mar 16th 2022, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

dquinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes you can submit a Rehabilitation package.

Link to package

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-activity.html

Thanks, I knew you would help!

It’s not entirely clear on how you would do this as a package, would you recommend I handed in my rehabilitation application at the same time I give my biometrics for working holiday visa? Or send it separately in the mail and make note of it on my IEC application?
Old Mar 16th 2022, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No idea. One thing you should be prepared for is a long wait as rehab packages aren't a priority and even the website doesn't post processing times.
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

19Flash92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same position, tbh the only option is to use a representative as its seriously confusing legally to apply for both.

I got offered to to apple for IEC twice, first refused due to conviction and being in admissible and second time it ended up expiring.

I got invited both times fairly quick so you may be okay <snip> as I'm going through a lawyer atm seeing whats feasible.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 23rd 2022 at 1:48 pm. Reason: No contact details on the forums pls - use the PM system instead
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 19Flash92
I'm in the same position, tbh the only option is to use a representative as its seriously confusing legally to apply for both.
It’s not the ‘only option’ - tbh, no reason to use a lawyer, particularly for the OP who doesn’t appear to be inadmissible from what s/he has said. This thread is from March so hopefully s/he has his IEC already.

For most people, I’d recommend an ‘info only’ application to check and see if inadmissible or not, but as you know you’re inadmissible, you’ll need criminal rehab before you can apply again. If that’s granted (depending on how long ago your conviction was and what it was for), then you can try again for an IEC.