Wikiposts

Criminal rehabilitation - a fine

Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Criminal rehabilitation - a fine

One of my friend's son is like a son to me. I talked to him today and told him what is going on in my life. He wants to come over and visit at some point but he could also consider to come over on "BUNAC". (out of simplicity I'm using the BUNAC term)

About 2-3 years ago he was fined for being under the influence. He did not have any drugs on him but they took him in for testing and he didn't pass.

I presume that he has to go through rehabilitation process for this. What are the chances he would be granted rehabilitation for a fine? Is it still 5 years on a fine?

He has straightened out his life, gone back to school and studied and is searching for jobs in his home town. He really would love the chance to come over.

Thanks in advance.

(And yes, I do feel like an ass for not having paid more attention to him in the past few years but that is all going to change now.)
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:22 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal rehabilitation - a fine

Originally Posted by YYZlover
One of my friend's son is like a son to me. I talked to him today and told him what is going on in my life. He wants to come over and visit at some point but he could also consider to come over on "BUNAC". (out of simplicity I'm using the BUNAC term)

About 2-3 years ago he was fined for being under the influence. He did not have any drugs on him but they took him in for testing and he didn't pass.

I presume that he has to go through rehabilitation process for this. What are the chances he would be granted rehabilitation for a fine? Is it still 5 years on a fine?

He has straightened out his life, gone back to school and studied and is searching for jobs in his home town. He really would love the chance to come over.

Thanks in advance.

(And yes, I do feel like an ass for not having paid more attention to him in the past few years but that is all going to change now.)
Was he just fined or did he receive an official caution?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Was he just fined or did he receive an official caution?
I don't actually know what a caution is (not a UK issue here) but as far as I know, he was just fined. Not even a court date.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:45 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I don't actually know what a caution is (not a UK issue here) but as far as I know, he was just fined. Not even a court date.
I would get a copy of his police certificate and see what it states on there. If it comes back clear - then no need to worry any further. If it shows something up, then make a plan on what to do next.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would get a copy of his police certificate and see what it states on there. If it comes back clear - then no need to worry any further. If it shows something up, then make a plan on what to do next.
I'll tell him to do that. We had a massive long talk today. His first priority is to get a job and start saving money. He is a good kid, with a good head on his shoulders and a huge heart. He's just had a couple of years of feeling lost and stumbling blindly. He would still need to do that and if need be seek rehabilitation, just to be able to come out and visit.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Didn`t someone say that such questionnaires ask if one has committed such an offence? If it does, wouldn`t his answer be incorrect based on what the OP stated?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember rightly, I believe you're asked if you've ever been detained by the police or charged with an offence etc. If you've been arrested, technically you've been detained so you should answer yes. If there's nothing on your ACPO certificate, it's your shout as to whether you're honest or not... Personally, I would be!

Take a look at the appropriate forms to be sure.