Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Old Dec 21st 2011, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Fitzyafcb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Criminal Rehab 'info only' London timeline

Received letter from embassy today!

Great news my convictions/cautions have been deemed as spent and I am admissable to Canada. Time to sort out a new start date with my new employers!

Thanks for everyone's help
Old Dec 21st 2011, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Awesome news! I can't wait to get this news myself and get a massive weight off my shoulders.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, so pleased for you, it was a long wait, but hey, what a great christmas present.

Poppit
Old Dec 21st 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fitzyafcb
Received letter from embassy today!

Great news my convictions/cautions have been deemed as spent and I am admissable to Canada. Time to sort out a new start date with my new employers!

Thanks for everyone's help
Congratulations!

Which email address did you get the most success from as I am still waiting also, although not as long as you. It is getting very embarassging with work now cheers
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Congratulations!

Which email address did you get the most success from as I am still waiting also, although not as long as you. It is getting very embarassging with work now cheers
[email protected].

it's the only email address worth using. good luck.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppit
Congratulations, so pleased for you, it was a long wait, but hey, what a great christmas present.

Poppit
Thanks very much. thanks for all help and support. A fantastic xmas prezzie. I truely thought they had closed for hols already and would probably hear in the New Year.

Last edited by Fitzyafcb; Dec 21st 2011 at 6:36 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Awesome news! I can't wait to get this news myself and get a massive weight off my shoulders.
Thanks + Good luck! It is a weight lifted. Doing 6.5 months in Iraq was easier than waiting 8 months for this lot to get their act together.

Next up is the actual decision to go. Are we doing the right thing etc Is the grass greener? I'm going to take unpaid leave for 6 months, which my union rep has told me all workers are entitled to in the UK, and just go for it. Look at it like a adventure and hope it is what we are looking for.

It's a hard wait to hear from the embassy. Life is on hold and you never feel confident that they actually have your paperwork or that they are actually dealing with it. Just send a few friendly emails with all your details. Full name, address and what type of application and they will get there in the end.

Good Luck
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

[email protected].

it's the only email address worth using. good luck.
Thanks for the info, I have sent a case specific but you cant send a geart deal of info, cheers and thanks agsin
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, I have sent a case specific but you cant send a geart deal of info, cheers and thanks agsin
case specific enquiries were a waste of time for me. Never received a single response from the dozen or so I sent since May.

The email I sent that first got a reply was friendly one written when I was well annoyed lol It went along the lines of .

Hi my name is........ You received my application for crim rehab 'for info' only on April 21st 2011. As of yet I have not had a response from you. I am aware that you are extremely busy but I am a little concerned that my application has not been recieved or being processed. Please can you let me know if all is ok with my app or if you require any further information.

Then I just left my email addy, home addy and my phone numbers. I heard back about 2 weeks later.

Good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

I sent my application for info only around the 8th November and recieved a letter last week dated the 15th December.

I submitted for info only but the letter states. I am pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. So from all the information I had compiled from this and other sites I can confirm that if you have UK convictions then your case will be assessed under the UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act in accordance with the Burgon case dated February 21st 1991.

I had one caution and one conviction.

My package was very detailed

I sent character references from
Police Officer
A Family Lawyer who is a personal friend.
A Director of a Company
I also obtained the memorandum of conviction from the court this cost £60
I then got a letter from a local solicitor confirming that everything was spent. This cost me £50

I sent any other documents as requested within the rehabilitation application pack such as copy of passport photo page.

Once everything was together I compiled a covering letter giving full open detatils of what happened and when it happened the UK criminal Law it came under and the Canadian Law I thought it would relate to and how I had changed.

I probably went OTT in what I sent because I treated it as if I were applying for full rehabilitation rather than just for info only.

However the desired result was achieved with quite a prompt response time.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information. It sounds like you were very lucky indeed. Or maybe I was unlucky! I too treated my application like it was for full rehabilitation.
Maybe my mistake was mentioning when I was due to begin employment. 8 months compared to 5-6 weeks doesn't seem fair or consistent to me but maybe I should just be thankful to have the decision I have been waiting for. Now I just need a letter which includes the correct name as they managed to mess that up. Hopefully I won't be waiting 8 months for an ammended letter!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information. It sounds like you were very lucky indeed. Or maybe I was unlucky! I too treated my application like it was for full rehabilitation.
Maybe my mistake was mentioning when I was due to begin employment. 8 months compared to 5-6 weeks doesn't seem fair or consistent to me but maybe I should just be thankful to have the decision I have been waiting for. Now I just need a letter which includes the correct name as they managed to mess that up. Hopefully I won't be waiting 8 months for an ammended letter!
Got my approval letter on the 15th December!

originally sent off on the 26th September, no email confirmation for some reason?

I sent a follow up email on the 21st December however I have been away for Christmas and did not no it had arrived. Havent recieved an email from them although got want I wanted!

I am ceased to be inadmissable to Canada for my convictions of "theft and obtaining property by deception (2 counts).

Very happy!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Got my approval letter on the 15th December!

originally sent off on the 26th September, no email confirmation for some reason?

I sent a follow up email on the 21st December however I have been away for Christmas and did not no it had arrived. Havent recieved an email from them although got want I wanted!

I am ceased to be inadmissable to Canada for my convictions of "theft and obtaining property by deception (2 counts).

Very happy!
I wonder if it was the same officer that did both our letters on the 15th. But who cares about that. We got the desired result
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

It seems it could be that we all had the same person.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, glad to hear this turned out well
Great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.