Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal records check from Canada?

Criminal records check from Canada?

Old Aug 22nd 2015, 3:58 am
Just Joined

david104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal records check from Canada?

Hi all,
Has anyone had to get a Criminal records check from Canada? I have submitted an outland spouse application that got sent to London. I just recieved a request from the embassy to fill out a from for criminal rehabilitation.
My Incident was I was found to be over the limit while driving in England 8 years ago. I have police reports from the UK and OZ to prove no other offences but unsure about how best to get one from Canada as lived there for 2 years on the ICE and currently living in London.
Any guidance would be greatly appriciated David.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal records check from Canada?

Hi if you need to get a police certificate from Canada because the Visa Office has instructed you do so, follow the information in this link, choosing the "if you live outside of Canada" option:

How to get a police certificate - Canada

S
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 4:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So did you apply for rehab as per your previous thread? You should have done that prior to applying for PR so I'm a bit confused as to why you're now being asked for forms re: criminal rehab?
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Hi, for the two ICE visas I recieved I just declared my conviction and supplied the OZ/UK police reports for both ones, The embassy asked for the magistrate court documents and I was issued the visa both time, I was never asked for rehabilitation forms or Canadain police reports.
It now seems that because my conviction is still under 10 years I needed to fill the rehabilitation form out which has a distinct requirement to obtain a Canadian police report. Maybe the requirements for PR are tougher and although delcaring it on the PR forms I could not see instruction for futher forms or requirements to be filled.
It now seems I must go through a company who will process my fingerprints for the RCMP and produce a document showing no convictions. I was just curious if any one had dealing with them before and could reccomend a certain on..see attached companys at bottom Who can conduct a Criminal Record Check? | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I found this link on another forum from someone who has obviously done the same (although for their IEC, not PR). It lists the company that they used and how they completed the process. You could contact this person maybe. Looks like it went smoothly:

Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum • View topic - Fingerprint request for RCMP check

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 22nd 2015 at 5:47 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Hi I found this link on another forum from someone who has obviously done the same (although for their IEC, not PR). It lists the company that they used and how they completed the process. You could contact this person maybe. Looks like it went smoothly:

Experience Canada UK :: IEC Forum • View topic - Fingerprint request for RCMP check

S
Thank you Snowy that was a great post that you found! I have to go to central London tommorow so going to phone around the major police stations and hopefully it should all go smoothly.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

One last Question if you can advise? The new form Application for Criminal Rehabilitation [IMM 1444] asks for police checks from all the countries I have lived in for over 6 months.

As I have stated previously I submitted the UK/OZ police report with the main PR aplication. This was submitted in Decemeber so would be way past the three month time limit for the UK police report. Is it prudent to get two new reports for the form or will I be fine to use copys of previous forms?
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by david104
One last Question if you can advise? The new form Application for Criminal Rehabilitation [IMM 1444] asks for police checks from all the countries I have lived in for over 6 months.

As I have stated previously I submitted the UK/OZ police report with the main PR aplication. This was submitted in Decemeber so would be way past the three month time limit for the UK police report. Is it prudent to get two new reports for the form or will I be fine to use copys of previous forms?
There is no 3 month limit, it's 6 months or no limit if you've not lived there since - How to get a police certificate (police check)

So you'll need a new one for the UK but not NZ IMO.

HTH.