Criminal record

Old May 5th 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

jamjamjam87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal record

I have 3 cautions on my criminal record, all over 5 years ago for criminal damage to property worth less that £5000.

What would happen to my application as iam half way through it and the application company has just flagged it up.

Many thatnks Jamie
Old May 5th 2012, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record

Hi, and welcome.

Can you give us a bit more info - application for what? And what do you mean 'application company has just flagged it up' - what is an application company?

Presume you've read this, but if not it should help - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5312E2
Old May 6th 2012, 10:12 am
Just Joined

I want to know if im inadmisable for a work permit as my company im dealing with for a work permit have said i am. ive basically got 3 cautions for criminal damage, none of the offences went to court and are all over 5 years ago.

just wondering if theres any similar cases out there, so i can compare, so i have an idea what to do next, and have an idea where i stand.

Thank you
Old May 6th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

your beat option is to fill out the application for criminal rehabilitation and send to the high commission,tick the box info only and you ahould hear back pretty fast and you will know for sure.
Old May 6th 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

do you know where exactly i could get this form? please?
Old May 6th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

just go to the CIC website and you can download it from there.
Old May 6th 2012, 4:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content...rint=1&print=1

Cautions (including reprimands and warnings) are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 so will become spent immediately (apart from conditional cautions which will become spent after 3 months).

Apply for your ACPO and see what is on it - cautions remain on your 'police record' but you can quote the rehabilitation of offenders act and plead that you are deemed rehabilitated as the caution is considered spent when given. Your ACPO may come back with them listed or may so "no live trace" which means you have a record but it is spent.

The most important part, should you decide to continue with your application for a WP, is to be totally honest and give detailed information about the cautions and the circumstances surrounding them.

Also put in for the criminal rehabilitation for info only as indicated by a previous poster.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2012 at 4:24 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the reply, I have my ACPO already and have sent the copy of it to my work permit application company, and it was them who said i needed to do the rehabilitation part.

They charge $100 an hour extra for this! Ive read other threads on here and people have done worse offences, and some people have said cautions dont count, some say they do, im just confused really and made my own thread, so when i contact the work permit company today i can have a little bit of information to use from this forum and i can ask them more about it.

Thanks people anyways!
Old May 7th 2012, 1:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamjamjam87
Hi thanks for the reply, I have my ACPO already and have sent the copy of it to my work permit application company, and it was them who said i needed to do the rehabilitation part.
Can I ask, what is a 'work permit application company'? Do you mean the company who is hiring you? Your potential employer is proposing to charge you $100 per hr to help you with your criminal rehab application, is that correct?

I'm not sure you do need rehab, and I'd double check it with an immigration consultant/lawyer (make sure they are ICCRC registered if the former) if I were you.

Good luck.