Wikiposts

Criminal Record

Old May 19th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough
Default Criminal Record

can anyone please tell me the implications of having a 2 year old conviction for criminal damage (£200), in regards to applying for residency

my partner and i are looking into moving to canada, i am a truck driver and have been scowering truck site to be told that we will not be alowed in the contry with my conviction

is this true? and are there any ways around it?

thank you in advance

Phil
Old May 19th 2005, 7:18 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criminal Record

It all depends from what offence you were convicted for and what penalty it would bring under Canadian law if committed in Canada. Most criminal convictions and DUI's will make you criminally inadmissible to Canada. You may be eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation after 5 years from the end of imposed penalty or day fine was paid in full.

But professional has to look into the case to tell you for sure if your particular conviction makes you inadmissible or not.

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
can anyone please tell me the implications of having a 2 year old conviction for criminal damage (£200), in regards to applying for residency

my partner and i are looking into moving to canada, i am a truck driver and have been scowering truck site to be told that we will not be alowed in the contry with my conviction

is this true? and are there any ways around it?

thank you in advance

Phil
Old May 19th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Criminal Record

It was a minor conviction for criminal damage, with mitigiating circumstances. I don't know what the equivalent in canada would be.

Do you know where I could get some professional legal advice on this for a reasonable cost? The costs I have seen so far start at £200 for a question, which is too much in my opinion.

Thanks