Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CPR Form Queries – (Maybe one for Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller)

CPR Form Queries – (Maybe one for Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller)

Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough
Default CPR Form Queries – (Maybe one for Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller)

Hi All,

My other half and I received our Visa’s and Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms earlier on in the year. We’ve now booked our flights and have a landing date scheduled in for a little later in the year. Anyway, sorting the flights prompted me to look over our CPR forms again last night. However this time round I noticed a couple of errors / typos on the forms.

The first error I noticed is on my form and is relating to my place of birth. I was born in Northampton (which I have correctly stated in all correspondence to the CHC). However on the CPR form my place of birth reads Northampto, not Northampton (i.e. the last letter has been missed off). The second query I have is related to my other half’s eye colour which is stated on her form. On her forms it says her eye colour is “Unknown” however we have supplied her eye colour in all our correspondence to the CHC?

The question I have is, should I be worrying about these two errors / typos? To air on the side of caution I have mailed the CHC (via their website) and bought this matter to their attention. But I would like to get my head round whether the CHC are concerned with these types of errors / typos, and whether they will need amending before we land later on this year? We’d be devastated if this prevented us from successfully landing.

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Cheers All

Glassy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CPR Form Queries – (Maybe one for Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller)

Here's what you will get back from them eventually:

Thank you for your enquiry.

If an error appears in the name, date of birth, passport number and/or citizenship on the permanent resident visa and COPR, these should be returned to our office to make the relevant changes. Other mistakes, such as height or eye colour, may be changed by the officer at the port of entry when you enter Canada.

Please note however that whenever possible we like to use the number which appears on the pages of the passport. Sometimes this is the booklet number. If this appears to be the case, rest assured that it has been done correctly and will not present you with any problems at the port of entry.

Also, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms have limited space and the applicant’s name can be curtailed. When the officer at the port of entry verifies your details in our electronic records, all names will be shown in full.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly SRTree.

So where and when are you guys looking to Land?

Glassy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We've had issue with my daughter's visa/COPR form - spelt her middle name wrong. Sent them back and they called to say they need the principal applicants passort and COPR as well. CHC returned her forms as we have a June holiday booked and told us to send back after our summer hols.

Good luck with your landing. We're hoping to land a Vancouver in October and then come back til 2012 - looking at Port Moody area. Where are you off to?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed that your daughters COPR gets sorted in time

Like you we’re looking to land in October, however we’re heading for Calgary. Going to staying for a week and then we’ll be back to the UK. All being well we’re looking to head back to Canada on a permanent basis early next year where we’re hoping to call either Okotoks or Cochrane our new home
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi need help. I collected my family COPR forms and whilst checking my first name which is very long I noticed an error. It had the last letter on missing off it. It has been spelt correctly on all other accompanying CORP.
I was wondering if it would be OK as it was not possible to fit it in to that specific column as it is OK else where?