CPC Mississauga

Old May 24th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

CONGRATULATIONS JOYSTENS!!! That's fantastic news! Just in the nick of time, eh?

Well guys, I just wanted to let you know that I landed today!! What a bloody relief this is finally over with!! It went as smoothly as can be...I was mainly worried about the US Immigration Officers at the US border but you know what? They were SO NICE (shock horror!). Like, really, really nice!! We told them why we wanted to go into America: to shop for the day and on the way back for me to lad as a PR. The guy at the border crossing said ok, took both our passports and told us to pull over to the side and he will meet us inside the US customs building. So we did. There we waited about 10 mins before a US IO called us up; we explained what was happening and she told us that she will have to refuse me entery into the US (just for now) so we could "flagpole" (do a u-turn) back over to the Canadian side...she took my passport and confirmation of permanent residency (the form you get when your passport is returned) and told us she needed to type some stuff up and would be with us in 5 mins! After 5 mins, she called us again, gave back both passports and documents and walked us out to our car and watched us do the u-turn to the other side. She also gave me the green I-94w form to fill in while we wait in the line for the Canadian border. She told me that I could definately keep the green card in my passport for 3 months if I was planning on returning to the US within that time - we had told her we were planning on vacationing there this summer. She told us once I landed we were more than welcome to turn back around and go through the US Border! Very nice lady!

So, we get in line for the Canadian border and had to wait about 30 mins. Once we reached the booth, gave our passports to the girl and she asked if I was here to land, I told her yes and she asked if I had any goods to follow. I told her no; she said no problem and gave back passports and told us to pull into lane 2 ahead and go into the office and they will do all the paper work there! - I'm getting really excited by this point! - Anyway, we go in hand in my passport and confirmation of Permanent Residency, show my CSQ Certifcate and she tells me there will be someone to help me soon. After about 20 mins we get called up...the guy asks me if I have ever been in trouble with the police in Canada; I say no...he asks how much money I have access too; I tell him...he gets me to sign the form in 2 place and tells us he will call us again in 5 mins....5 mins later he cals us up again...tells me that my application for visitors visa extention was refused YESTERDAY (that's what the call was about!). No big deal he says as I have been approved for PR!!!! LOL So he staples a copy of the signed form (confirmation of permanent residency) in my passport stamps it and says "Congratulations, you are now a Permanent Resident of CANADA!"...he shook my hand and wished me luck! And we were outta there!!

Did another u-turn to get back to the US border...the guy tells us to go back over to the US office so they can register me with the I-94w card and for me to pay the $6...got another super nice guy who was laughing and joking with us...the lady we dealt with a bit earlier on came over to join in the fun and they were telling us where we should go for lunch and telling us where we should visit and all that!! He congratulated me on becoming a PR of Canada and told us to have a nice day....and we were off on our travels to PLATTSBURGH!

This is long, I know!

Not got back that long ago and I'm pooped now!! Just wanted to let you guys know how it went and what some of you and your spouses can expect! LOL It's a breeze!!

Joystens, let us know how it goes for Deb on Thursday!!!

Last edited by Giggles2080; May 24th 2008 at 10:51 pm.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Oh! When you land, they give you the forms to send off for your social insurance number too! He also told me that I should get my PR card within 4 weeks!
Old May 27th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

joystens is on a distinguished road

Congrats on Landing , and thanks for all the info on the Landing process. Debbie arrives in 2 days and 20 hours, not that I'm counting.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Pvt Chuff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate - just to let you know I am so pleased for you. Thank goodness its all done and dusted now! Wishing you and Bobby all the best.
Old May 27th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys! Joystens, that's so cute that your counting the hours until she arrives....LOL I'm sure she is doing the same thing - I know I would be! LOL

Thanks, Pvt Chuff! It still feels like a dream! I woke up on Sunday and had to sit and think for a while..."is it really over with?!" ...so surreal! LOL
Old May 27th 2008, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
CONGRATULATIONS JOYSTENS!!! That's fantastic news! Just in the nick of time, eh?

Well guys, I just wanted to let you know that I landed today!! What a bloody relief this is finally over with!! It went as smoothly as can be...I was mainly worried about the US Immigration Officers at the US border but you know what? They were SO NICE (shock horror!). Like, really, really nice!! We told them why we wanted to go into America: to shop for the day and on the way back for me to lad as a PR. The guy at the border crossing said ok, took both our passports and told us to pull over to the side and he will meet us inside the US customs building. So we did. There we waited about 10 mins before a US IO called us up; we explained what was happening and she told us that she will have to refuse me entery into the US (just for now) so we could "flagpole" (do a u-turn) back over to the Canadian side...she took my passport and confirmation of permanent residency (the form you get when your passport is returned) and told us she needed to type some stuff up and would be with us in 5 mins! After 5 mins, she called us again, gave back both passports and documents and walked us out to our car and watched us do the u-turn to the other side. She also gave me the green I-94w form to fill in while we wait in the line for the Canadian border. She told me that I could definately keep the green card in my passport for 3 months if I was planning on returning to the US within that time - we had told her we were planning on vacationing there this summer. She told us once I landed we were more than welcome to turn back around and go through the US Border! Very nice lady!

So, we get in line for the Canadian border and had to wait about 30 mins. Once we reached the booth, gave our passports to the girl and she asked if I was here to land, I told her yes and she asked if I had any goods to follow. I told her no; she said no problem and gave back passports and told us to pull into lane 2 ahead and go into the office and they will do all the paper work there! - I'm getting really excited by this point! - Anyway, we go in hand in my passport and confirmation of Permanent Residency, show my CSQ Certifcate and she tells me there will be someone to help me soon. After about 20 mins we get called up...the guy asks me if I have ever been in trouble with the police in Canada; I say no...he asks how much money I have access too; I tell him...he gets me to sign the form in 2 place and tells us he will call us again in 5 mins....5 mins later he cals us up again...tells me that my application for visitors visa extention was refused YESTERDAY (that's what the call was about!). No big deal he says as I have been approved for PR!!!! LOL So he staples a copy of the signed form (confirmation of permanent residency) in my passport stamps it and says "Congratulations, you are now a Permanent Resident of CANADA!"...he shook my hand and wished me luck! And we were outta there!!

Did another u-turn to get back to the US border...the guy tells us to go back over to the US office so they can register me with the I-94w card and for me to pay the $6...got another super nice guy who was laughing and joking with us...the lady we dealt with a bit earlier on came over to join in the fun and they were telling us where we should go for lunch and telling us where we should visit and all that!! He congratulated me on becoming a PR of Canada and told us to have a nice day....and we were off on our travels to PLATTSBURGH!

This is long, I know!

Not got back that long ago and I'm pooped now!! Just wanted to let you guys know how it went and what some of you and your spouses can expect! LOL It's a breeze!!

Joystens, let us know how it goes for Deb on Thursday!!!
Congratulations. How thrilling to know that your quite long wait is at last over!
I wish you everything you wish yourselves.
a
Old May 27th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers, Annabella! It's such a relief, let me tell you! LOL How's it going with you, any progress?
Old May 29th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joystens!! Today is the BIG DAY!! You must be so excited!! When does Deb fly in? Probably later this evening, yeah?

Anyway, just wanted to her luck and hope you guys have fun tonight!! LOL

Let us know how is goes for her!!

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

joystens is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Joystens!! Today is the BIG DAY!! You must be so excited!! When does Deb fly in? Probably later this evening, yeah?

Anyway, just wanted to her luck and hope you guys have fun tonight!! LOL

Let us know how is goes for her!!

Cheers, sorry for the late reply. Has been a crazy weekend getting caught up. Her flight arrived 40mins early, but I had to wait 2 hours for her to get through immigration. It was funny, cause almost everyone had left from her flight, and the arrivals was quite empty. There was a large line up for immigrating, but the actual process took 10mins. It was a dude getting trained, and he was happy hers was an easy case, no kids, same address, already sent over and cleared the goods. So things went good. Her little brother came with her, and they let him wait with her in there. And that was basically it. No more trouble. No more CIC. So we are happy.

Hope all the best for everyone, and thanks again for all the discussion and help !

JJ and Debbie
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

well done and congrats joystens! hope everything else goes smoothly for you
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats, Joystens! Glad to hear that it went smoothly! Well, that's it guys; we're all done on here I think!

Probably see you all around on another post! LOL

Good luck to everyone!

Kate & Bobby!

Signing off...
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Paul_n_Deb will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

Congrats to ALL on landing and reunions and fab fab news

I've been so caught up past few weeks.
Paul landed on May 30!!! YAY!!!
After weeks of writing our lists to follow, getting everything sorted, he sailed through Pearson Airport in about an hour. No problems. His goods to follow lists signed, stamped ready to go. His PR ordered. We went and got his SIN card, it arrived in like 8 days.

Sadly he's back in the UK finishing, well life, up over there. Organizing all his leaving parties lol. Will be back Sept 27th!!! i am counting the hours!
Sadly we couldn't get his health card as he'll be out the country for more than 30 days in the next 168 or something silly like that - that was a bummer!!!

Either way I'm SO SO glad this is all over! No more forms to fill in.
I have to say, mighty impressed with immigration so far.

Hears hoping everything with shipments and customs runs as smoothly!
Hope everyone is well

Deb