CPC Mississauga

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

joystens is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

congrats thundercat !!! CHC seems to be following the 2 months from the start date of processing to decision which is great...hopefully you get the visa in 2 weeks also... did they send back 2 photos for you to send?? They sent the 2 photos back with the request for a new UK criminal check. Im still feeling stupid about our criminal checks mistake , I know our app has made its way to the bottom of the pile. Can't really get a read as to how long it takes for them to look at the new check... although it arrived on April 4th same day as Kate's medical so Im watching their timeline now

If the CHC officer is reading, where's the family reunification?????

Congrats again everyone, lots of activity on here is a good thing, means tax dollars hard at work...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

so now got to sort out the best time to fit in a recce trip (already have a holiday booked [not to canada] for beginning of june just to add to all the other stuff to think about!)

we were planning on landing on our recce so that we won't have to rush out and get a trip in before the meds expire in november, just in case we aren't ready to move out by then (selling the house etc). have done a goods-to-follow list basically listing everything i can think of in the house regardless of whether or not it will come with us, my understanding is that if it's listed it doesn't matter if you don't bring it but if it's not listed then it may become a problem? confirmation or otherwise gratefully received!

woohoo! can't wait to tell everyone, unfortunately i'll have to keep it quiet at work for the next few months!

Last edited by thundercat600; Apr 14th 2008 at 8:48 am.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

hi joystens
yes, they sent back 2 photos which the letter says will be ok to send back with the passport
not sure if we'll be able to go in person with the passports so may be sending them recorded/courier but hopefully they'll come back pretty quick

hope you hear pretty soon
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Ian82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much to Joystens for mentioning this thread to me! Its been encouraging to read through everyones posts to see that things are actually moving for some people. I just wondered, did any of you receive AORs? I never did, and so dont have an immigration file number.

Thank you!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian82
Thanks very much to Joystens for mentioning this thread to me! Its been encouraging to read through everyones posts to see that things are actually moving for some people. I just wondered, did any of you receive AORs? I never did, and so dont have an immigration file number.

Thank you!
Hi Ian
We got a letter saying application for sponsor had been approved and PR application was being sent to London, iirc, this had a client ID number on it which we could use to check e-CAS. Having just received PPR the file number is completely different, not sure if it's on any of the paperwork I've already had (not checked)

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Ian82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thundercat600
Hi Ian
We got a letter saying application for sponsor had been approved and PR application was being sent to London, iirc, this had a client ID number on it which we could use to check e-CAS. Having just received PPR the file number is completely different, not sure if it's on any of the paperwork I've already had (not checked)

Thank you, you've put my mind at rest! I was beginning to think that nothing was happening with my file as ecas hasn't changed in 2 months. Im glad Im not on one of the longer types of application, I really feel for those people!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ian82

Thank you!
Hi Ian
CHC London say they have 12 weeks to send you an AOR, so most people get a PPR or request for more info before 12 weeks and thats how you get your file number. If you don't hear anything in 12 weeks you can write that in correspondence to them and they will reply. If they don't, write to your Canadian MP to see whats going on. If your checks are all in line, and paperwork good, expect something as earlier as next week. 2 files moved through that started processing days before yours.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Paul_n_Deb will become famous soon enough

So it looks like Paul is going to Land when he visits end of next month
OMG!
all the stress of that now hehe how exciting though - he dropped his Passport off at CHC London this afternoon, we should have it in 2 weeks.

I have a quick question as ALWAYS!

As we are mostly sponsoring spouses/partners you have the info lol
On the CIC website, it mentions that when you land you need the Goods to Follow list, Goods accompanying you etc and also proof you have enough money to live with for 6 months

Is that more applicable for the Skilled workers who are landing?? I know they need so many thousand $$'s.

Sorry for another question...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE= applicable for the Skilled workers who are landing?? I know they need so many thousand $$'s.

QUOTE]

yep that is right it is for them not us..we can land, arrive whatever without a cent and no luggage if we want..... lucky us huh!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Paul_n_Deb will become famous soon enough

Thanks Maple Leaf!!!

Thank goodness for that

Oo I am getting excited now! I fear I am turning into a nagging wife lol Already I'm asking everyday "Have you started your goods to follow lists yet??"

I got the report back yesterday that the process of handing in passports right at CHC London was extremely easy - he arrived about an hour early ( you only have between 2-3pm) and was 2nd in line. He literally handed everything over, got a receipt and returns in two thursdays time to pick his VISA up!! So no worries about postal services.

Hope everyone hears good news soon!
Deb
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paul_n_Deb
Thanks Maple Leaf!!!

Thank goodness for that

Oo I am getting excited now! I fear I am turning into a nagging wife lol Already I'm asking everyday "Have you started your goods to follow lists yet??"

I got the report back yesterday that the process of handing in passports right at CHC London was extremely easy - he arrived about an hour early ( you only have between 2-3pm) and was 2nd in line. He literally handed everything over, got a receipt and returns in two thursdays time to pick his VISA up!! So no worries about postal services.

Hope everyone hears good news soon!
Deb
ah yeah....just enjoy the moment!..nothing more to worry about...just enjoy the excitement.......
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ecas has updated!!!!!!!! I just got an e-mail from Matthewc's e-mail update….the e-mail says….

It looks like your e-CAS has just been updated...

Latest update:

A decision has been made on KATE's application. The office will contact
KATE concerning this decision.

So nervous now!!! But totally giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ecas has updated!!!!!!!! I just got an e-mail from Matthewc's e-mail update….the e-mail says….

It looks like your e-CAS has just been updated...

Latest update:

A decision has been made on KATE's application. The office will contact
KATE concerning this decision.

So nervous now!!! But totally giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got the update as well !!!!! Means they accepted the ACPO police checks !!! Don't be nervous, good news coming !!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Congratulations, joystens!!!!!!!! God, I hope it's good news!! Can't help but feel a little nervous!!! LOL Let me know when you get the letter!!!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Fingers crossed the postie gets to you both double quick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.