CPC Mississauga

Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

well i spoke with my local MP here and asked them to check with CIC.

and CIC gave a terrible response to them. basically they fobbed them off saying they couldnt give any idea of a time frame because of her criminal history!!!! she doesnt have a criminal history.. was the letter from a Chief inspector saying this not enough for them???

they said it is being reviewed by an officer.. i mean what is exactly there to review??? its clear on paper in front of them. either they believe the police or they dont..

im really pissed off with CIC. does anyone know if there is a complaints procedure?

the MP is being very helpful, and i sent them another email asking them to complain to CIC about being fobbed off... hopefully they will get it sorted..

overall, CIC's attitude stinks. they couldnt even be bother to answer the MP properly. all she got was a 3 line reply basically saying its still ongoing..
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

...hehehehe SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT MY APPLICATION! WOO!

K, so the story is; Bob and I got home about 15 mins ago and I see this big brown envelope hanging out of out mail box...curiously I pick it up and almost DIE when I see it's from the Canadian High Commission - London! OMG! I was shaking so much I didn't think I would be able to open it! When I open it all our personal documents fell out and a letter...they are actually requesting the Section A of the medical report that my doc was meant to give to me but never did...remember in an earlier post I told the story of my INSANE doctor! LOL Oh well, I'm sure it's partly my fault for not getting it from her...but they want it and have given me 45 days from the time dated on the letter which was March 6th...damn, almost 3 weeks lost so will call the doc tomorrow and go pick it up and send it fedex to London!

Just sooooooooooooo happy to know that are half way through my process...hehehe Hopefully I won't have to wait to much longer after they receive it!

YAY!!!!!

Deb, are you in England yet? If you are I hope you're having fun! If not, have a great flight! Remember take lots of pics while you're there especially of your trip to LIVERPOOL!!!

...so giddy!!

Will keep you updated!

Any news anyone? Scott, that's awful! Why are they being so picky about the "criminal record" - wow, the things we all go through to be with our loved ones. It'll all come together in the end!

Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

well now thigs have all changed. all of a sudden (when we asked for a higer authority to complain to) it went overnight from no estimate of timeframe to PPR is in the post..

makes me think they were simply delaying the process to try and make it look like they wernt in the wrong and had to do a lot more work, but as soon as we got the MP involved aggressively it was sorted...

so hopefully her passport will be sent out to them next week sometime as soon as we get the marked envelope...

so nearly there. at last.. funny thing that they have now seen we were right all along...

glad we will never have to contact them again..
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

catherinelouise is on a distinguished road

Yippy!!!

That is great news Kate!!! If it is anything like our situation once they receive the requested form the PPR will be sent!!!!!!!!!! It was only a matter of weeks from the time we re-did meds and PPR arrived!! What great news to go into the week-end with! Enjoy it!! I can the light!!!

Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Thanks, catherinelouise! LOL Ya, I'm so excited! I'm sure once we send the form off it won't be too long after! YAY!

Scott! That's awesone news! Wow, you must be really happy! I'm glad that they sent out the PPR...let us know when she gets it!

Have a great weekend guys!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

joystens is on a distinguished road

Hey all,

great to see all the activity. I got woken up in Canada (5am here) to my girlfriend calling with her Brown envelope, all our photos back and documents, etc, and a request for an original UK police certificate. So to compliment the frustrations Scott was having, ummmm, we sent it in. I have a "copy" of it on my desk right now. Its got a reference number, its from Strathclyde Police which is here local jurisdiction, and says "there is no information that the Chief Constable is obliged to disclose." SO if this is not the record check they want, then what is? I'm going to email them as we have our case number now, and ask I guess. The letter didn't give any indication of what was wrong with the document we supplied. The only thing I can think of is they want a more current police check cause she had to return to Scotland from Canada for this process. I dunno, pretty heartbreaking regardless.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joystens
Hey all,

great to see all the activity. I got woken up in Canada (5am here) to my girlfriend calling with her Brown envelope, all our photos back and documents, etc, and a request for an original UK police certificate. So to compliment the frustrations Scott was having, ummmm, we sent it in. I have a "copy" of it on my desk right now. Its got a reference number, its from Strathclyde Police which is here local jurisdiction, and says "there is no information that the Chief Constable is obliged to disclose." SO if this is not the record check they want, then what is? I'm going to email them as we have our case number now, and ask I guess. The letter didn't give any indication of what was wrong with the document we supplied. The only thing I can think of is they want a more current police check cause she had to return to Scotland from Canada for this process. I dunno, pretty heartbreaking regardless.
more likely is that they have lost it. they are useless i tell you.. its happened before a few times..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
more likely is that they have lost it. they are useless i tell you.. its happened before a few times..
I guess the best we can do is send them an email with the ref number on the document saying, we sent it in, but will resend it in if this is the right one. What about all the ACPO stuff I've been reading, send one of those in too? Yah, if they did **** up Im going to ride my MP hard.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Yah, I can't really slag them off too much. They didn't lose anything, I realized that the police check from the UK is dated the 31 of July, and we submitted our application on the 23rd of December. Originally we were going to submit on the 15th of Aug, but because we wanted to insure one 'full continuous year' of cohabitation, we had to wait until December. And our RCMP checks came late (as usual) in November, so that's why they are good and the UK ones are bad. Just a real dumb move on our part, and just added 2-3 months to the process. That would of been our PPR, cause we got all the photos back and such. So for those down the line in Feb processing, looks like the time is near Yah, so my MP Cummins is off the hook for the time being, this was our fault.

Here is a question tho, I want her to come back to Canada to visit and stay at our place for 3 months in April, were I can work, and she can take it easy and wait for any decision from London. Has anybody had trouble getting back into Canada with a PR application on the move, I don't want to buy her a return ticket cause who knows when she is going to be required to land. Any stories on getting back in during this whole thing???

Good luck to everyone, every week is a new opportunity for brown envelopes to arrive.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

So I haven't been on for a while, the job hunting was depressingly slow with no-one getting round to interviewing me, or getting back to me and I was just not in the mood..

But...

I GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!

Sorry, as you were
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yah, I can't really slag them off too much. They didn't lose anything, I realized that the police check from the UK is dated the 31 of July, and we submitted our application on the 23rd of December. Originally we were going to submit on the 15th of Aug, but because we wanted to insure one 'full continuous year' of cohabitation, we had to wait until December. And our RCMP checks came late (as usual) in November, so that's why they are good and the UK ones are bad. Just a real dumb move on our part, and just added 2-3 months to the process. That would of been our PPR, cause we got all the photos back and such. So for those down the line in Feb processing, looks like the time is near Yah, so my MP Cummins is off the hook for the time being, this was our fault.

Here is a question tho, I want her to come back to Canada to visit and stay at our place for 3 months in April, were I can work, and she can take it easy and wait for any decision from London. Has anybody had trouble getting back into Canada with a PR application on the move, I don't want to buy her a return ticket cause who knows when she is going to be required to land. Any stories on getting back in during this whole thing???

Good luck to everyone, every week is a new opportunity for brown envelopes to arrive.
my wife came over with me with no return ticket when i came back to canada. we told immigration that i would be submitting her PR sponsorship the very next day.
no problems, she got a 12 month visitor visa. and if you are well into a PR application i guess it would be even easier.. just tell the truth and its no problem.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
my wife came over with me with no return ticket when i came back to canada. we told immigration that i would be submitting her PR sponsorship the very next day.
no problems, she got a 12 month visitor visa. and if you are well into a PR application i guess it would be even easier.. just tell the truth and its no problem.
Cheers, thanks for that. The last flight I was on coming home from Glasgow, the couple I was sitting with were in the PR process, and she was 6 months pregnant and her working holiday visa was going to expire in 3 days, and the officer let her in no problem with a visitor visa as well. Good to hear there was no problems, and a year too, thats awesome, I thought maybe a 6 month visa they would issue, but 12 would be perfect, hassle free. We are thinking of submitting the ACPO record check, as well as a new Strathclyde one. Maybe they will accept the ACPO check before they get the Strathclyde, maybe not. It'll be interesting to see.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Hey all,

great news joystens!!
we originally got police checks done in june 2007 but then took another 4 months to actually get the paperwork finished, by this time i realised the police check was out of date so waited another month to receive a new one before sending off our app, glad we waited now!

you do realise though that now i've seen you've had your brown envelope i will be checking CIC every half an hour and rushing back home every lunchtime to check the post!!
fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tom17
So I haven't been on for a while, the job hunting was depressingly slow with no-one getting round to interviewing me, or getting back to me and I was just not in the mood..

But...

I GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!

Sorry, as you were
excellent news! well done! hope it works out
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations, Tom! That's great news! I'm glad that you have found a new job!

My update: Friday, Monday and today I played phone-tag with the immigration doctor's office. I really don't know why they never answer their phone's but whatever ...I kept having to leave messages and hope to God that they'd get back to me. So, finally they open my medical file at the doctor's office and see that there isn't a copy of the Section A - Medical Report - I must not have even taken it to the doctor to get signed?!?! I have no idea what happened or why I didn't take it, maybe I did and they lost it; who knows. Anyway, I thought maybe the doctor could sign another one because it's just a basic form. Nope...doctor refuses to do it, so they say there is nothing else they can help me with and hang up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, so there I am left wondering what the hell to do...call London? Don't think so...no number...e-mail them?! Not likely...aarrgh. So, I called CIC here in Canada and get through to a complete and utter A**hole. This guy refuses to help me or give me any information because my application is through London - when I said but there isn't a telephone number I can call to actually speak to someone, you know what he said?! "TOO BAD"...told me to have a nice day and hung up on me!!!!!!!!!!! twice in one day people hang the phone up on me...I was so polite to them both...and to think, the phone calls are monitored at CIC. This guys name was IAN!!!! So, not wanting to give up, I called them again and low and behold I get in touch with a really nice lady who DOES want to help me. She couldn't understand why London would be requesting the Section A form, she said that's not normal...after being on the phone with her for 40 minutes we realise that the reason they are requesting it is because London cannot find my medical report on their system...you know why? The doctor sent it to the wrong office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She could actually view my medical report right there, so she told me to tell London to view my medical using the Client ID # we got from Mississauga...So, I e-mailed them, faxed them and tomorrow I'm sending them a letter FedEx which they should receive by Friday afternoon. I hope this is enough for them...I really don't want them to close my file because of something so stupid. I actually know for a fact that this doctor knew it was an outland application because she grilled me from the minute I entered her office...she insulted me 3 times (I remember all the insults) I was shocked because I have NEVER been treated the way I was treated that day I went for my medical....so, that's that for now. In 19 days, we'll see if they close my file or not...this has been a bit of a disaster from the get go for me and I hope I don't have to redo it all again. Ho-hum....

How are all of you anyway?

K x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.