CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

You never know, Jeff...it could come in by Nov! On another site, there was a couple who were approved in one month at the London office! Who knows? It could happen to any of us!!

Definitely, putting the application together is the worse part! I'm not usually a stressful person, but during the time we were gathering all information to send off, I was like a LUNATIC! ha!

All we need to do, is to stay positive! That's easier said than done, right guys?!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

And we shall. The nice thing is we have all met on here, we're all pretty much on the same timeline...and should all *fingers crossed* hear news around the same time...wooo.

Giggles2080 - a month?! My goodness, I couldnt imagine...although I'd be pretty damned chuffed if it only takes a month to hear back from London!!!

Last edited by ChelseaUK; Sep 24th 2007 at 4:43 am.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Just checked CIC's website to see if my address update was up as I changed it on the 17th from my Uk address to my Canadian one and it was...but they put ** At, not ** Street. Gah. I'm sure mail would arrive but me being paranoid and wanting everything perfect...I had to change it again!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
And we shall. The nice thing is we have all met on here, we're all pretty much on the same timeline...and should all *fingers crossed* hear news around the same time...wooo.

Giggles2080 - a month?! My goodness, I couldnt imagine...although I'd be pretty damned chuffed if it only takes a month to hear back from London!!!
Yeah it is awesome that we are all on the same timeline...when one hears, we'll all hear!!!

I thought i'd at least have my AOR back now...but I guess it's just around the corner!!!

Where in Van are you Chels? My girlfriend is from Abbotsford, and we're in Vancouver in Nov to see her sister and have a family reunion!We got some awesome deals on flights with WestJet!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hey guys, check out this timeline, I know it's not for London (Buffalo) But is gives me hope! woohoo! This is from another site!

..."Wow! I can't believe it, but it's all over (well almost), here is my updated timeline.

18/07/07 Sent Application to CPC-M
23/08/07 Sponsorship Approved- File forwarded to Buffalo
27/08/07 Received Sponsorship approval letter
07/09/07 Received AOR letter, E-Cas says "In Process"
21/09/07 Received PPR letter, Buffalo requesting Passports

I still can't believe it took this fast for my wife, and plus she has two children! So all three of them are to have their passports to Buffalo by Oct.17th. We are so happy the process is over and thank everyone for their insight and advice. We now have to plan the landing and the transfer of her goods from Ohio, but it seems the hard part is over!.."
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK, so I've been talking to you guys for a little while now and I'm just realising that I haven't really introduced myself by name...I'm Kate! lol
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
OK, so I've been talking to you guys for a little while now and I'm just realising that I haven't really introduced myself by name...I'm Kate! lol
Yeah that is encouraging!!I always thought that Buffalo were always well behind London in processing time!!!

Well...as you can tell by my profile name - i'm Jeff, 25, from Plymouth. Have been in Toronto for a year this Wednesday and as my Bunac visa has expired, i'm just killing time until my PR visa arrives!Which I hope is bloody soon!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Yeah that is encouraging!!I always thought that Buffalo were always well behind London in processing time!!!

Well...as you can tell by my profile name - i'm Jeff, 25, from Plymouth. Have been in Toronto for a year this Wednesday and as my Bunac visa has expired, i'm just killing time until my PR visa arrives!Which I hope is bloody soon!!!
I hope it comes soon too, because that means mine won't be too far behind! Yeehaw!!

OK, so I'm Kate, 27, from Liverpool (Scouser!) I've been in Montreal for 4 years (how time flies!) I came over as a Nanny! I actually was a Nanny in Toronto in 2002...didn't like it much, very big city! Montreal is more European and I feel very much at home here! lol
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
I hope it comes soon too, because that means mine won't be too far behind! Yeehaw!!

OK, so I'm Kate, 27, from Liverpool (Scouser!) I've been in Montreal for 4 years (how time flies!) I came over as a Nanny! I actually was a Nanny in Toronto in 2002...didn't like it much, very big city! Montreal is more European and I feel very much at home here! lol
So have you been here on a work permit? Or without status? I'm seem to recall you mentioning something about that!

I went to Montreal a couple of years back when some mates and I visited Toronto. Have to say I wasn't too fond of it. But as they say, different strokes for different folks

How many times have you been back home?and do you miss it?! I haven't missed home one bit, I know i've only been here a year but they always say the first year is the toughest and mine has been a stroll - homesickness wise.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
So have you been here on a work permit? Or without status? I'm seem to recall you mentioning something about that!

I went to Montreal a couple of years back when some mates and I visited Toronto. Have to say I wasn't too fond of it. But as they say, different strokes for different folks

How many times have you been back home?and do you miss it?! I haven't missed home one bit, I know i've only been here a year but they always say the first year is the toughest and mine has been a stroll - homesickness wise.
Yup, work permit, then out of status! lol Now back 'in status'...lol I completely understand about not being homesick...I have not once felt the urge to go back home because I miss it! It's sad to say, but very true! I miss my family and friends, but not England! lol I speak to them all every week on msn and we use a web cam so I don't really feel like am 3,000 miles away because I 'see' them all the time! lol When I was back in England in August, everyone was asking me "Where do you consider home, here or there?"...without hesitating I said CANADA! lol Home is where the heart is and my heart truly belongs to Canada! lol
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ooooh my turn, my turn.... ha ha

I'm Chelsea, 29, Canadian, from Vancouver but currently staying in New Westminster w/ mom and stepdad since returning from UK. Met my boyfriend back in '04, things got serious so I came over on a WHV for 2 years and stayed in Leamington Spa to be with him. Now he's coming out here to be with me, as we both decided life and way of living is much better in Canada than UK.

It's great meeting you on here Jeff and Kate

Jeff: you moving out to Vancouver or just visiting? Hope you have a great time!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

It's funny...when I was in the UK I didn't miss home either. I missed friends and family and certain things about home, but I was happy being there. I think a lot of that had to do with being with a loved one and making that your home. Now that we're apart, it's harder...but you thank god for internet and phone. I just want him here...NOW!

*lmao*
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ooooh my turn, my turn.... ha ha

I'm Chelsea, 29, Canadian, from Vancouver but currently staying in New Westminster w/ mom and stepdad since returning from UK. Met my boyfriend back in '04, things got serious so I came over on a WHV for 2 years and stayed in Leamington Spa to be with him. Now he's coming out here to be with me, as we both decided life and way of living is much better in Canada than UK.

It's great meeting you on here Jeff and Kate

Jeff: you moving out to Vancouver or just visiting? Hope you have a great time!
It's nice to meet you too, Chelsea!

Too true, the way of living is much better out here! I find that every time I go to England to visit everyone, the country just seems to feel smaller because everything is sooooo close together! No space for anything! Even though I was only there for 2 weeks in Aug, that was more than enough! I was aching to come back to Canada...I couldn't contain my happiness when I was waving goodbye to the folks...hehehe
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's funny...when I was in the UK I didn't miss home either. I missed friends and family and certain things about home, but I was happy being there. I think a lot of that had to do with being with a loved one and making that your home. Now that we're apart, it's harder...but you thank god for internet and phone. I just want him here...NOW!

*lmao*
Chelsea! I didn't know that your boyfriend wasn't with you in Canada! That must be awful! I hope that the PPR comes soon for you guys so you can be together!!!!

What do you guys miss most about England? What food, etc.?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, Giggles2080...me too!

Yeah, he had to stay as he's waiting the sale of his flat. He's got an offer but its taking a while to finish everything up. So he's waiting on that, plus he has to give a month's notice at work but doesnt want to do that until he gets the sale of his flat completed....just incase! Gah. He'll definitely be here by Christmas, but he's hoping sooner.

What do I miss most about England? Well, apart from my hunnie...Hmmm clotted cream and scones...yum! Proper fish n chips, Mr. Whippy ice-cream...ha ha. Heat magazine (sad, I know!!) curry, trips to London and shopping.

What about you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.