CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Hey Giggles2080...

My partner got his police clearance certificate and medicals done roughly around the same time and sent it with our application. Our only worry is that things might time out as they're good for a year...so if we dont hear anything by Decemberish...he's going to have to get it all done again. Bad mistake on our part for getting them done...and waiting 7 months to send application off. Gah!

We still have to pay the rest of our fees as well...which we should send off soon instead of waiting for London to contact us for them...which will cause delays.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:41 am
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Hey Annabella...

Im not sure what the time line would be for applying via Paris. I can only guess it'll be much quicker to apply via Paris than to apply in Canada. Maybe seek advice from Mr. Miller and he'll be able to give you a definite and accurate answer as to what is best for your situation.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Chelsea
Thanks again Chelsea. Had a blast of intelligence - only a tiny one mind you and it didn't last long - think I'll ring up CIC and ask them about my little problems.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hey Giggles2080...

My partner got his police clearance certificate and medicals done roughly around the same time and sent it with our application. Our only worry is that things might time out as they're good for a year...so if we dont hear anything by Decemberish...he's going to have to get it all done again. Bad mistake on our part for getting them done...and waiting 7 months to send application off. Gah!

We still have to pay the rest of our fees as well...which we should send off soon instead of waiting for London to contact us for them...which will cause delays.
I heard on another forum that they don't always ask you to do the medical again if it's expired!! It depends how far they are with your application!! Thankfully outland apps are pretty fast so maybe you will be OK!! I still can't believe I messed up with the police checks (Dopey!!!!) my big worry is the delays it might cause!! argh!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the peace of mind, Giggles2080...

I really REALLY hope we're okay with that and dont have to get medicals done again...apart from the expense of them, it'll put major delays on our application.

Let's just see how fast London is...

Have you sent away for your police checks already? I think it was about 35-40 days for Scott to get his back.

Last edited by ChelseaUK; Sep 20th 2007 at 6:25 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I sent the forms off yesterday to my sister so she can hand them in at the police station! I sent a cover letter explaining the situation but I've just found out that I need to also send in some forms of ID...she just sent off a copy of my passport and a bill with my name and addy on! Should be all there by next week, then I'll just have to wait! Do you think I should get them sent to my parents home in England rather than send them back to me in Canada? Then my family can just send them on to London?! What a boo boo I made!

Yeah the medicals were a bit expensive! Hopefully you wont have to pay again! I have full confidence in London processing all our applications before CHRISTMAS!!! WOOHOO!!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Giggles2080

Excellent news about sending off for police checks...now just the wait, and that shouldnt take too long. I think I'd have them delivered to your parents house in the UK and have them mail that out for you...it'll be much faster. Canada post is so darn slow...
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Annabella...

Were you able to get in touch with someone from CIC and find out what to do?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Giggles2080

Excellent news about sending off for police checks...now just the wait, and that shouldnt take too long. I think I'd have them delivered to your parents house in the UK and have them mail that out for you...it'll be much faster. Canada post is so darn slow...
So true, Canada mail is as slow as a bloody SNAIL!! Yeah, you're probably right, will be so much faster to just get them mailed to my folks!!

I was just on another forum and the inland applications are getting processed FAST!! People who applied in March are getting approved already! Wow, so I guess there wasn't much difference between going inland and outland!! I'm happy we went outland though, who knows, maybe it's just a faze CIC are going through! hahaha
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

That's great news for people who applied in-land. It only made sense to apply out-land for us...and at the time we were told it was faster. Maybe now its not the case...heh.

I cant' wait to hear when everyone gets there good news from London. We'll have to toast to each other online...
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Hey Annabella...

Were you able to get in touch with someone from CIC and find out what to do?
Have done nothing til now partly because I shan't be sending applications until just before end year. By the way - and I may be wrong - about medicals etc being out of time - if they are in time as it were when you send them surely you can't be responsible for the powers that be pondering over your application for too long thus making them out of time. Also you know police certificates can be sent here to Canada. I did that with both UK and French ones and they came back both within three weeks of online application and they didn't forget to send back supporting documents i.e. in the case of UK an original birth certificate.
Thanks for keeping in touch Chelsea, do appreciate it and of course all the best to you both for your application and its quick resolution.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

That's great news for people who applied in-land. It only made sense to apply out-land for us...and at the time we were told it was faster. Maybe now its not the case...heh.

I cant' wait to hear when everyone gets there good news from London. We'll have to toast to each other online...

Well i'm glad that there are others on the same timeline as me...Chelsea and I have been in touch, but it's great that Giggles is in our 'crew' too

I still haven't heard a thing from London and Miss. sent my application off on the 4th...they must have it...Ecas is showing nothing! I'm only going crazy because my current visa has expired and i'm constantly checking the 'net! grrrr.!!!

Hopefully they'll be speedy in processing the whole package...we paid everything upfront and I was told that would cut the wait time!!

Fingers crossed everyone...
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Well i'm glad that there are others on the same timeline as me...Chelsea and I have been in touch, but it's great that Giggles is in our 'crew' too

I still haven't heard a thing from London and Miss. sent my application off on the 4th...they must have it...Ecas is showing nothing! I'm only going crazy because my current visa has expired and i'm constantly checking the 'net! grrrr.!!!

Hopefully they'll be speedy in processing the whole package...we paid everything upfront and I was told that would cut the wait time!!

You can fill in online, through the CIC site, an "Application to extend stay...", form IMM 1249. You request to stay for the period of time you need. You have a good reason to make the request. Cost $75 when I did it. Heard back in about three weeks with CIC's approval. There are a few docs to add but easy stuff.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wish we had paid everything all at once....

That's going to put us behind but we'll send it before they ask for it.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone - quick question - you may know or you may not...thought I'd ask...heh

We still have to pay the PR fee which we could have done when we sent off our application but decided not too. Probably not a good idea thinking about it now as it's going to put a delay on everything if we have to wait for them to ask us...

So.... would we be able to pay online, print out our receipt and send it along with my client ID (Im guessing it would go to London...?! although not 100% sure...) or have we 'missed the boat' so to speak and now have to wait until London asks us for it.

I dont want any delays
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity

Hey, Jeff! Glad to be considered part of the 'crew'...hahaha Cheers!

We still don't see anything new on ecas either, we are just 2 days behind you! (6th Sept) Don't worry! I've heard that CIC don't update ecas as much as we would all really like them to!

Jeff...you should definitely get your visa extended, you won't have a problem with that! Just pay the $75 so you stay 'in status'. I was out of status 1 1/2 years and it FREAKED me out. We sent off our application on July 31st and was so determined that I had to get back in status because I didn't want to risk being kicked out the country! It was so stressful, but I got to go back home to see everyone and I had no problem getting back in to Canada. Just to be on the safe side, I would defo extend your visa!!!

Last edited by Giggles2080; Sep 22nd 2007 at 1:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.