Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CPC-Buffalo Processing (Spouse Sponsorship) - gobsmacked!!!

Wikiposts

CPC-Buffalo Processing (Spouse Sponsorship) - gobsmacked!!!

Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Tim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura about
Default CPC-Buffalo Processing (Spouse Sponsorship) - gobsmacked!!!

I'm still in a state of shock...

I just received a PPR letter from CPC-Buffalo only 11 days after they started processing our application!!! I was expecting a few months wait (as per the processing times guidance) and was initially bummed that my application wasn't going to be processed in London (they seemed to be processing faster than Buffalo).

Maybe they see that I have already been through a similar process getting my E2 visa for the US? Maybe the agent assigned to my file was about to go on vacation and wanted to clear it? Either way, I'm super happy.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who consider their application a "simple" case (no kids etc) and will be going through CPC-Buffalo that the process can be much shorter than the CIC processing times website suggests.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CPC-Buffalo Processing (Spouse Sponsorship) - gobsmacked!!!

Great news, well done Tim!!! I'm not sure kids complicate or delay things though - I'd have thought the opposite, a kid with both parents' names on the birth certificate surely is added proof of a genuine relationship? But hey, who cares, you got your PPR in record time Nice one!

Originally Posted by Tim_in_SF
I'm still in a state of shock...

I just received a PPR letter from CPC-Buffalo only 11 days after they started processing our application!!! I was expecting a few months wait (as per the processing times guidance) and was initially bummed that my application wasn't going to be processed in London (they seemed to be processing faster than Buffalo).

Maybe they see that I have already been through a similar process getting my E2 visa for the US? Maybe the agent assigned to my file was about to go on vacation and wanted to clear it? Either way, I'm super happy.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who consider their application a "simple" case (no kids etc) and will be going through CPC-Buffalo that the process can be much shorter than the CIC processing times website suggests.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 1:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Great news, well done Tim!!! I'm not sure kids complicate or delay things though - I'd have thought the opposite, a kid with both parents' names on the birth certificate surely is added proof of a genuine relationship?
It simplifies things if child is a Canadian citizen. It may complicate otherwise.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

AlexTsipkis is an unknown quantity at this point

So does having a kid makes a process faster? How and what procedures are reduced in case of having a child?

Originally Posted by JAJ
It simplifies things if child is a Canadian citizen. It may complicate otherwise.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 3:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlexTsipkis
So does having a kid makes a process faster? How and what procedures are reduced in case of having a child?
Are you a Canadian citizen or not?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 3:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it doesn't make it any faster - just in some cases less complicated.

Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

AlexTsipkis is an unknown quantity at this point

No, i m a Permanent Resident.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, it doesn't make it any faster - just in some cases less complicated.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:52 am
JAJ
Retired

No, i m a Permanent Resident.
In that case adding the child to the application represents an additional complication.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

anitsirK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim_in_SF
I'm in the same situation - no kids, no complications, though we're planning to apply right after we get married on October 20th. I'm in the process of putting the application together, and I was wondering if you included anything extra in terms of proof of relationship? On page 4 of form IMM 5540, it says "On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing."

I've currently got receipts from when I've been down visiting him (he's the american) and boarding passes from plane trips. We've got a tonne more stuff (chatlogs, emails, phone call records, pictures), I'm just wondering how far I need to bother going, and if they're going to bother looking through all of this stuff.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by anitsirK
I'm in the same situation - no kids, no complications, though we're planning to apply right after we get married on October 20th. I'm in the process of putting the application together, and I was wondering if you included anything extra in terms of proof of relationship? On page 4 of form IMM 5540, it says "On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing."

I've currently got receipts from when I've been down visiting him (he's the american) and boarding passes from plane trips. We've got a tonne more stuff (chatlogs, emails, phone call records, pictures), I'm just wondering how far I need to bother going, and if they're going to bother looking through all of this stuff.
We probably provided more than was necessary but may have been a factor in the super fast processing of our application. As well as marriage certificate and wedding pictures (and other pictures of our vacations over the past few years), we attached all the wedding bills (hotel, catering, flowers etc), our rental agreement in joint names, joint bank account statements, and utility bills showing that we have lived together for a few years.

Best of Luck!