Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Covering Letter & Proof of relation

Covering Letter & Proof of relation

Old May 24th 2005, 6:55 am
Just Joined

anthonyfear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covering Letter & Proof of relation

Hi All

We are about to apply for immigration via skiller worker route - and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to put in our covering letter to go with the application. Perhaps there is something we should consider mentioning or writting? Or perhaps there is something we should avoid altogether?
Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback.

On another note, as part of our application I need to prove that we have relations in Canada. What would suggest? Initially I thought birth certificate and Canadian ID card - but do they have to be originals? Because I can't submit my relations ID card for the full duration of the application can I? What else can I use?

Thanks Again

Anthony
Old May 24th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Covering Letter & Proof of relation

Originally Posted by anthonyfear
Hi All

We are about to apply for immigration via skiller worker route - and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to put in our covering letter to go with the application. Perhaps there is something we should consider mentioning or writting? Or perhaps there is something we should avoid altogether?

On another note, as part of our application I need to prove that we have relations in Canada. What would suggest? Initially I thought birth certificate and Canadian ID card - but do they have to be originals? Because I can't submit my relations ID card for the full duration of the application can I? What else can I use?
Anthony

Hi we applied under skilled worked and we have relations in Canada and it is my husband's aunt we included her birth certificate, passport and residents card photocopied and certified but also she had been married three times so we had to include all marriage certificates and divorce papers certified or original hope this helps
nicki

Thanks Again
Old May 24th 2005, 9:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for any specific explanations or pitches in cover letter.

As for the relative in Canada you need to conclusively prove 3 facts as follows:

1. Relation - set of birth certificates showing that it is acceptable blood relative. You didn't say what kind of relative so I can't tell you whos birth certificates must be presented.

2. Proof that claimed relative is a PR or citizen - copy of PR Card, citizenship card or Canadian passport will do

3. Proof that claimed relative lives permanently in Canada - utility bills, employment or school attendance record, etc.

Originally Posted by anthonyfear
Hi All

Thanks Again

Anthony
Old May 24th 2005, 10:35 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nubbslad
Hi we applied under skilled worked and we have relations in Canada and it is my husband's aunt we included her birth certificate, passport and residents card photocopied and certified but also she had been married three times so we had to include all marriage certificates and divorce papers certified or original hope this helps
nicki

Thanks Again
For our application, to prove my wifes Aunt was her real Aunt, and that she resides in Canada we provided the following

1. Certified copy of birth certificate of my wifes Mum

2. Certified copy of birth certificate of my wifes Aunt

This will show the paternal link, same Mum and Dad.

3. Certified copy of my wifes Aunt's marriage certificate to prove change of name from her maiden name to her married name which is on her Citizenship certificate.

4. Certified copy of Certificate of Canadian Citizenship for my wifes Aunt

5. A recent Utility bill in the name of my wifes Aunt

You will need to find out when and where you relatives were born and married. Go to the local births, deaths and marriages registry office where it was recorded and ask for a copy of the entry. Explain to them what it is for.
We paid £13.75 ( I think ) for each copy from the register.
It takes time but if you are prepared for it you will get the information you require

Hope this helps

Eddie