Coutts or Carway?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Coutts or Carway?

Okay, so as long as everything else goes to plan, I will be driving to the US border on Monday, November 30.

Just wondering if people on here would recommend Coutts over Carway, or vice versa?

It's only for flagpoling. I have a long drive that day (coming from 1 hr north of St. Albert), so want to pick the 'best' crossing.

What are people's experiences? Thanks.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Coutts or Carway?

I have no idea about Carway, but I landed through Coutts on Nov 15th and it was the easiest thing of the whole PR process. I was stressing about it too much, but it took about 45 minutes to complete the whole process including goods accompanying and goods to follow lists (4 pages of them), taking new photo for me, and checking passports and COPR documents for a 4 people family. I was not even asked about the fund (not even for a bank statement). They were very nice, smiling and welcoming. My case was not flagpoling. I entered from the US.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Having experience of dealing with both crossings I would go for Coutts anyday
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Thanks for your replies. I guess I have a few more days to decide where I want to flagpole.
I guess, as long as I flagpole, it doesn't really matter where I go.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Thanks for your replies. I guess I have a few more days to decide where I want to flagpole.
I guess, as long as I flagpole, it doesn't really matter where I go.
Remember Carway only has Immigration from 7:00 to 18:15 this time of year.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Okay, so as long as everything else goes to plan, I will be driving to the US border on Monday, November 30.

Just wondering if people on here would recommend Coutts over Carway, or vice versa?

It's only for flagpoling. I have a long drive that day (coming from 1 hr north of St. Albert), so want to pick the 'best' crossing.

What are people's experiences? Thanks.
Good Luck. We're going to Coutts from St Albert on Saturday. Travelling to Lethbridge on friday to say at friends and make a weekend of it!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Good Luck. We're going to Coutts from St Albert on Saturday. Travelling to Lethbridge on friday to say at friends and make a weekend of it!!!!!
We don't have friends down there, so my son and I are driving down and come back the same day (with lots of breaks of course).

Hope you have a good trip.