Cousin in another province?

Old Jun 7th 2015, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cousin in another province?

Hello,
We plan on applying for MPNP after 6 months of employment. my partner has a first cousin somewhere in Canada. We don't know him or where he lives. We could find out though. However, I know that MPNP will need to know about this.
Do you think it would put the application at risk of being refused if he didn't live in manitoba?

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2015, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cousin in another province?

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Hello,
We plan on applying for MPNP after 6 months of employment. my partner has a first cousin somewhere in Canada. We don't know him or where he lives. We could find out though. However, I know that MPNP will need to know about this.
Do you think it would put the application at risk of being refused if he didn't live in manitoba?

Thanks
I don't see why as they are only a 1st cousin.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I don't see why as they are only a 1st cousin.
When I talked to the BCPNP people about it (5 years ago?) they wanted to know to show your ties to either the province, to show your ability to adapt, or to other provinces, to show you don't intend to live in the one you're applying for.

Since you're not in contact with the guy, it's probably fine to no longer consider him a cousin who might assist you, and therefore to leave him off the application. Or you could put in his name and just say "Address unknown - distant cousin"
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.
Very reassuring. I think we will talk it over with his employer when the time comes and see what they would advise to do, either miss him off completely, or name him and put address unknown.