Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A couple of questions prior to the application

A couple of questions prior to the application

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:27 pm
purple-ferrets

purple-ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A couple of questions prior to the application

Hello all

I’ve been lurking and making a note of various useful bits and pieces on the posts here for about a year now, but I haven’t yet applied under the simplified process. My husband and I would like to apply with my husband as the main applicant in the skilled worker category, but this raises 2 questions.

Due to a change in circumstances in July this year, he left his Job to become self employed, within our own limited company. Can he still be the principal applicant?

Also in order to make sure we have a points buffer, and Canada gives us the motivation to do this, we are booked in to learn French. Searching through the forum I can see that the Canadian standards for the Basic level is an A’level or equivalent. Needless to say my GCSE won’t cut it from years ago. If we can’t claim these points at the time of application, can we claim them further down the line when we have taken the language exam?

Cheers
Suzanne
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Smile Re: A couple of questions prior to the application

don't know for defo, but if u r appliying in the skilled worker cat. then if u fill in the forms now, they probably won't get looked at for at least 4 years.....!!! during this time you could sit any exams, do any courses and then send the results down to CIC with a note of your file number on the envelope so they put all your information together...

mike

Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:56 am
purple-ferrets

purple-ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A couple of questions prior to the application

Err thanks - I think. We both have our eveys peeled on the job markets, and have applied for a few roles in the hope of getting something, but so far everything has been get back in contact when we are over there.

Ah well we'll apply and keep trying....