Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Couple of questions on FSW Application

Couple of questions on FSW Application

Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

iamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really nice
Default Re: Couple of questions on FSW Application

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The list doesn't automatically get 'reset' each July, but the quota does. The list can change, or stay the same (as it did this year).

My guess is that it won't be on the list for next year - but then I also thought it would be removed this year! I think they'll overhaul the list next year as it will then have been in effect for 2 years (the previous list of 38 occupations - which 1122 wasn't on - was also in effect for 2 years). By then the labour market needs will have changed, and I suspect they'll change it, but that is just a guess.

If you think you can apply now, I'd do it personally rather than waiting. But your call!

Good luck.
Thanks, christmasoompa! My own personal guess is that you're right - one of the reasons for that is that they're only having 500 of each this year meaning that they weren't entirely sure of the needs for this year.

The OH and I have decided that there's no chance of getting into the 1122 quota for this year as we're still waiting for 1 piece of paperwork for her which, even if it arrived today, would still mean our application wouldn't get to Sydney until Saturday at the earliest and therefore the chance of it being in the last 81 is practically zero in my opinion, as the number of 'complete' applications is going up by 30-35 per day.

I'm waiting for a couple of references to come through for my application. I can only provide what is possible to provide, if that's not enough then there's nothing I can do about it - some things can't be helped, i.e. companies no longer existing, some paperwork simply not existing any more as things are lost/only need to be kept for x-number of years etc.

If I've been asked to supply something and I can't provide it, then I'm going to explicitly say that I'm not supplying it and giving a reason as to why that is including any evidence I can get to support that.

If that isn't enough and we get rejected, then, well, other than being gutted, I'll be on the forums trying to work out other possible ways in. I *will* get us to Canada (Vancouver, explicitly), I'm just not 100% certain how just yet