Couple of questions about CEC

Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:11 am
Just Joined

TheRealSimoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions about CEC

Hi guys,

I'm applying for my CEC tomorrow as I will have worked for one year in a skilled position. However, my IEC visa runs out on May 11th. In order to carry on working in Canada I need to apply for a bridging work visa. As far as I understand this process I would need to wait for my CEC to be in confirmed status before applying for this bridging visa.

The questions I have are, assuming it goes past May 11th to confirm my CEC application, would I still be able to apply for a bridging work permit? If not is there an equivalent or some visa I am eligible to apply for which would allow me to continue working here whilst my CEC is processing?

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of questions about CEC

Hi

Originally Posted by TheRealSimoo
Hi guys,

I'm applying for my CEC tomorrow as I will have worked for one year in a skilled position. However, my IEC visa runs out on May 11th. In order to carry on working in Canada I need to apply for a bridging work visa. As far as I understand this process I would need to wait for my CEC to be in confirmed status before applying for this bridging visa.

The questions I have are, assuming it goes past May 11th to confirm my CEC application, would I still be able to apply for a bridging work permit? If not is there an equivalent or some visa I am eligible to apply for which would allow me to continue working here whilst my CEC is processing?

Thanks
1. If you don't receive the AOR by 11/05, then you would not be eligible for a BOWP.
2. You would require a LMO (after advertising the position for 4 weeks on the job bank plus 2 other publications) then they employer has to demonstrate why no PR/CCs are qualified for the job.
3. If you don't receive your AOR by the 11/05, then you would need to either leave or apply for an extension as a visitor.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me. Out of interest does anyone have any knowledge on how long the AOR takes to get back? Assuming there is no issues with the application of course.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for getting back to me. Out of interest does anyone have any knowledge on how long the AOR takes to get back? Assuming there is no issues with the application of course.

This spreadsheet is the most recent I could find, AOR appears to be 28 days or there abouts.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 9th 2014 at 5:56 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the responses. Just one final question. I have my T4 for the 2013 tax year but have yet to file them. The form asks for the NOA which I cannot provide them until my tax return comes back. I am going to include this note in the application but have a feeling it will not be accepted.

Is there a chance that including this note will still allow for my application to get into an AOR state? Just so I can start making plans as to whether I should stay in Canada or not.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses. Just one final question. I have my T4 for the 2013 tax year but have yet to file them. The form asks for the NOA which I cannot provide them until my tax return comes back. I am going to include this note in the application but have a feeling it will not be accepted.

Is there a chance that including this note will still allow for my application to get into an AOR state? Just so I can start making plans as to whether I should stay in Canada or not.
Do your tax return quickly because the 1st one submitted takes longer. You can use software and netfile - I use studiotax which is free and Revenue Canada approved.

There is an option in the document checklist to provide other proof if a NOA isn't available, including a combination of T4's, payslips, letters of employment, work contract etc., for the period you are claiming to have worked. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5610E.PDF

You should submit the other evidence while you are waiting for your NOA to come back and hopefully that will be accepted, provided you give them enough evidence. (You can send in your NOA after).

Knowing that you are on a time limit it's important to get documentation and everything else sorted out for your application asap.

Old Mar 15th 2014, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks

Think I'll get pay stubs from work on Monday along with the contract and include the letter stating I've only just filed for the tax return. Hopefully that should be sufficient documentation.