A couple of questions!

Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:54 am
Just Joined

hannah_and_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A couple of questions!

Hi there

I have been reading the forum for the last few months and found it to be very helpful, but this is my first post.

My OH has been offered a job in Toronto to start at the beginning of August on a TWP, the LMO application has been sent off and we will hopefully get the result in the next 2-3 weeks, around mid May. We hope to fly out mid July which would only give us 2 months to send off our application to CHC and to get the permits back. Do you think this is enough time? Or a bit risky - I saw the wiki article said it takes about 2 months to get the permit this way. Is that accurate? If so maybe we should get the permit at POE? But I read that this route is risky as well

Another thing, I would be going on a spousal open work permit which is fine, but I would be wanting to work with children and so need a medical. We don't have time for me to fit one in before we go working on our current plans (if it adds 2-3 months onto the time it takes to get the TWP) so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possbile to get the medical done once we are over there? and if so how would I go about this?

Many thanks in advance!