couple of qs--spousal sponsorship

Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default couple of qs--spousal sponsorship

hi all,

so I'm just getting all our stuff ready for the spousal common law route.

1) did you include photocopies or the original evidence? i.e photocopies of cards that you sent to each other over the years? and bank statements the real thing or photocopies? i don't mind sending originals but once the whole process is over do you get this back?

2) we have joint bank account and bills etc. do we show them from the entire 12 month period or say one in jan then may then october then december? i guess more info the better just didnt know if they needed every single month?

3) with letters that your family wrote about your relationship what did they specifically write about? just that they know your spouse and met them and how long you have been together? did you get this signed under the viewing of a lawyer or not bother?

thanks for the help in advance!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: couple of qs--spousal sponsorship

If I remember correctly, we submitted photos, and they were all returned. We noted the date and situation on the back (e.g., x's birthday party, dd/mm/yyyy). We put down the name and address for references, but they didn't actually have to supply a letter or anything.

Everything else (bank statements, copy of our mortgage statement, etc. we submitted photocopies.

In our case, we'd been together for 9 years, married for 1, owned a house together, etc. It's REALLY easy to prove a relationship if it's been going on for a while.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply, i guess ill photocopy the bills etc then. yeah we've been together for 5 years, lived for one, its interesting looking at all the old photos!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: couple of qs--spousal sponsorship

i have some more questions!!

so am i right in thinking that i don't need a police check done from Canada even though i've lived there for 6 months before, and i've been here since january? thats what i read on the website but wanted to clarify....

Once you have a medical done you take the receipt from them and then send this with your application pack? or do you have to wait to hear a reply and then send it off?

on the forms under application for permanent residence in canada, where it says "your country of residence" what do you put? i've been here for a year pretty much now so do i put Canada or the UK?

thanks
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by zoec
i have some more questions!!

so am i right in thinking that i don't need a police check done from Canada even though i've lived there for 6 months before, and i've been here since january? thats what i read on the website but wanted to clarify....

Once you have a medical done you take the receipt from them and then send this with your application pack? or do you have to wait to hear a reply and then send it off?

on the forms under application for permanent residence in canada, where it says "your country of residence" what do you put? i've been here for a year pretty much now so do i put Canada or the UK?

thanks
1. You don't need one for Canada unless CIC/CHC asks for one. They will do a name check in CPIC . If there is a person with a similar name age, they will then request a fingerprint check. The results can be had in 72 hours by one of the authorized suppliers.
2. You send the medical as well as all the other required documents and proof with the application and the sponsorship. Your country of residence is England. You are visiting Canada.