Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Couple but two separate EE profiles

Couple but two separate EE profiles

Old Oct 14th 2018, 8:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple but two separate EE profiles

That's all good info! Just thinking outside of the box...
One quick question.. is your partner by any chance under 30 - or of Irish descent and under 35? I ask as they could apply to enter the pool for International Experience Canada - which is a 2 year open work permit, if successful.. and that may give the opportunity for them to get an offer of permanent employment in a skilled position - which would then give you an open work permit on the back of theirs.. and even if they didn't, they would gain points for Canadian Experience.

Nova Scotia? Perfect! Have you looked into the Atlantic Provinces Global Talent Stream PNP? I think it could be right up your street - if it's still open - if you are able to do more than sales, perhaps? You can read of an agency that had been approved on this post - and perhaps worth your while to have a look at their website. As is often the case here, sometimes you have to move sideways or even backwards to secure a position. Worth considering all your qualifications and experience, not just the sales aspect.
Global Talent Stream - we have IT vacancies https://www.cgi.com/en/careers/working-at-cgi

More info on it:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...uirements.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 14th 2018 at 8:48 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:02 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
With respect, unless you are sure you are giving the correct - and official answer, please don't make statements that could impact someone's application without checking yourself and supplying the official link to back up what you are saying... or at least say "I'm not sure" or "I think" - as you did in your first response.
Cheers.
No problem Siouxie, will do!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There's no rule against a couple having a profile each so it would be fine to do so, but I can't really see any advantage to it personally. If you need a job offer to get a visa then you can just set up an EE profile once there working on a TWP, rather than doing it in advance, as you'd need the LMIA for it to be a qualifying job offer anyway.

But definitely look at PNP's as Siouxie has suggested as that could be a great route for you - I've got a feeling the Ontario PNP has reached it's quota for this year, but it's another one to look in to if living there may appeal, as it selects from the pool scoring those scoring over 400, so you'd both be eligible. Your visit to NS may throw a spanner in the works, but it's worth considering anyway unless you really aren't an Ontario fan.

Good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Myllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That's all good info! Just thinking outside of the box...
One quick question.. is your partner by any chance under 30 - or of Irish descent and under 35? I ask as they could apply to enter the pool for International Experience Canada - which is a 2 year open work permit, if successful.. and that may give the opportunity for them to get an offer of permanent employment in a skilled position - which would then give you an open work permit on the back of theirs.. and even if they didn't, they would gain points for Canadian Experience.

Nova Scotia? Perfect! Have you looked into the Atlantic Provinces Global Talent Stream PNP? I think it could be right up your street - if it's still open - if you are able to do more than sales, perhaps? You can read of an agency that had been approved on this post - and perhaps worth your while to have a look at their website. As is often the case here, sometimes you have to move sideways or even backwards to secure a position. Worth considering all your qualifications and experience, not just the sales aspect.
Global Talent Stream - we have IT vacancies https://www.cgi.com/en/careers/working-at-cgi

More info on it:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...uirements.html

Yes, we have looked into these options, but none of us is of Irish descent, and my partner just missed the IEC age limit, he is 31 now.
Thank you for links Siouxie, I will check out this company, can see they have lots of positions in Halifax.
We knew of the Global Talent Stream, but haven't really researched it yet. Thanks for the link, will study this now!

Last edited by Myllia_G; Oct 15th 2018 at 7:45 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Myllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There's no rule against a couple having a profile each so it would be fine to do so, but I can't really see any advantage to it personally. If you need a job offer to get a visa then you can just set up an EE profile once there working on a TWP, rather than doing it in advance, as you'd need the LMIA for it to be a qualifying job offer anyway.

But definitely look at PNP's as Siouxie has suggested as that could be a great route for you - I've got a feeling the Ontario PNP has reached it's quota for this year, but it's another one to look in to if living there may appeal, as it selects from the pool scoring those scoring over 400, so you'd both be eligible. Your visit to NS may throw a spanner in the works, but it's worth considering anyway unless you really aren't an Ontario fan.

Good luck.
Thank you christmasoompa,
I will look into Ontario PNP, even if it has reached the quota for this year, but good to know how it works for next year. We have nothing against Ontario, and to be fair for me there are more jobs there than in Nova Scotia, so it is definitely on the wish list.