Couple of BOWP questions ...

Old Jan 2nd 2017, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough
Default Couple of BOWP questions ...

Hi all!

My residency is processing still & I my 2nd IEC expires in May. I have AOR and am I BC PNP nominee.

Just a quick (I hope) couple of questions:

How have most people applied- online or via mail?

On form IMM 5710, what box do I tick on Q.3?
- a work permit with the same employer
- restoration of status as a worker
- an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
- temporary resident permit

I've done all my applications by myself before, but I was thinking of getting help on this one. I would hate to go back to England to wait for my residency to finish processing, my whole life is here now.

Anyway, thanks in advance
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of BOWP questions ...

It should be a work permit with the same employer

Read this link for BOWP as there are specific instructions regarding what to submit and eligibility and applying for the open work permit.
International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

And you are not applying for a Temporary Resident Permit. That's for if there are inadmissibility issues. A restoration is for if your WP has already expired so you don't need one of those either. You need to read the link FL posted as it has to be within 4 months of expiry of current status so right now that's at least one eligibility criteria you don't meet. And as the link indicates, you need to check BOWP eligibility as a PN.

I always say get help if you're not sure or don't feel confident but that is not a view of the forum generally. It's my own personal opinion.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 2nd 2017 at 11:02 am.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys!

I'm going to look into it more once I'm off work, figure out if I need help as I couldn't see a actual document checklist.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Just a bump on this ... has anyone gone through the BOWP? Any other advice?

Again, a big thank you in advance!!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Get help if you're not sure.
Your questions on this thread indicate you aren't sure.
You have to be really careful what type of WP you apply for if you are a PN (i.e. if it needs to be a restricted WP). FL has alerted you to that.

S