Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Couple applying for Express Entry, few pointers needed

Couple applying for Express Entry, few pointers needed

Old Apr 2nd 2017, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

rob6547 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple applying for Express Entry, few pointers needed

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I did search quite a bit but couldn't really find all the answers to my questions.

My wife(British, 32) and I(37) are going to apply for the Express Entry option any help would be much appreciated

No PNP, No job offer.

---------------------------------------

We both should score CLB 10 on the IELTS (I scored 8.5 in Dec-14, need to retake)

She is an advanced/almost native french speaker TEF should be very high.

Both 4 year Bachelors, I got my ECA in Dec-14 she is applying. (I dont need another one I believe)?

Both 6+ years experience her in NOC 0114 (Business Manager) me in Mechanical Eng (NOC 2132).

I've calculated approx 450 CRS points

--------------------------------------------
  1. I'm assuming Federal Skilled worker is the best option, should we consider Quebec skilled worker as a plan B? or apply both at once?
  2. Defiantly keep her as the primary right? (5 years younger, speaks French)
  3. My NOC is Group A (2132) hers is Group 0 (0114).
  4. When the form ask which province are you interested in, should we click all?
  5. How much commitment do you have to be in that specific province if you get an ITA? Or once you land it doesn't matter?
  6. If we get picked for a PNP, would we need to settle in that province? How long till we can move?
  7. Since she is a french speaker does it matter if we pick English or French as first language while submitting? Is one more favorable?
  8. I have Canadian Siblings and with her French that's more points from 6th June onward (new rules 30+15), should we wait till then to apply, we still don't have our test results anyway? or would the system automatically update our points?
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple applying for Express Entry, few pointers needed

You can't create a profile without your language test results and yes you're right: more points for French speakers (CLB7) with good English as well from 6 June. Siblings who are PRs/CCs in Canada will add more points. You need ECA as well.

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 2nd 2017 at 6:12 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Snowy, haven't submitted anything yet putting the application together.

Expecting ECA, TEF, IELTS all done by end of May.

So I'm thinking we''ll wait to June 6th to submit the file?
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

I glad I posted here, looking into OINP. Looks like we are candidates.

So there's no harm applying for that as well, we actually prefer Toronto.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 1:31 am
Just Joined

So we basically just select Ontario as one of the provinces of interest, is that it initially?

Then we may get the NOI?
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend leaving all states selected so that you keep all options open.

If you just select Ontario and they don't give you an invite you have lost the opportunity to be considered by all other Provinces.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks.

What if we get a nomination from a province, does that mean we need to land there? stay there? or no commitments?

Would multiple nominations be possible?
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob6547
Ok thanks.

What if we get a nomination from a province, does that mean we need to land there? stay there? or no commitments?

Would multiple nominations be possible?
No, multiple nominations aren't possible. If a province nominates you for PR, then yes you're expected to settle there. You could potentially move to another province if things didn't work out without any issue i.e. you spend a year there but can't find work, so move elsewhere. That shouldn't be a problem.

What you couldn't do (without risking having your PR revoked) would be to apply via a province you never intended to live in and then move on elsewhere straight away.

HTH.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, multiple nominations aren't possible. If a province nominates you for PR, then yes you're expected to settle there. You could potentially move to another province if things didn't work out without any issue i.e. you spend a year there but can't find work, so move elsewhere. That shouldn't be a problem.

What you couldn't do (without risking having your PR revoked) would be to apply via a province you never intended to live in and then move on elsewhere straight away.

HTH.
Oh, that complicates matter a bit.
We would prefer either BC or ON, not so sure about the rest.

Alternatively given we will hopefully have 450 crs points and 495 by Jun-17 we may not need a PNP right?

We could just wait for our ITA and only select the 2 provinces we really would like to move to?
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob6547
Oh, that complicates matter a bit.
We would prefer either BC or ON, not so sure about the rest.

Alternatively given we will hopefully have 450 crs points and 495 by Jun-17 we may not need a PNP right?

We could just wait for our ITA and only select the 2 provinces we really would like to move to?
You don't even need to select a province at all - if you don't then you'll only be able to receive an ITA under FSW, but at 450 points you should get an ITA and that's a Federal program, so you could then move whenever you like, wherever you like. Ticking the provinces box just means you'd be considered under their PNP too, if you don't want to apply under PNP then don't choose that option.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

christmasoompa,

Thank you, that makes more sense to me. Some people were recommending select all, but we don't really want to move to some random province.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Remember that you don't have to accept a nomination if offered one. But if you don't want to be tied to any province at all, then aim at getting an ITA under a Federal program.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Things are becoming clearer
This is a great forum!

Thank you!