Could this be a problem

Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could this be a problem

We are soon to receive our WP letters from CHC London after waiting so long
for medicals police checks etc.

So i have spoke to my employer and agreed for me to go over in January so i can see out Christmas with the family.
My problem would be that my wife is not going to come over until March, she has an open WP on the back of mine, but it was her that had to have the medicals and police checks as she works with children.

So were do you think we would stand with my wife coming over 4 months after we got our WP letters as medicals only last 12 months, would this mean
that she has lost 4 months of her medical or would the 12 months start at POE in march when she came over.
I'm guessing that she will have lost her 4 months and will have to go through
the medical procedure again next year in November along with WP applications.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could this be a problem

Hi

Originally Posted by peachgary
We are soon to receive our WP letters from CHC London after waiting so long
for medicals police checks etc.

So i have spoke to my employer and agreed for me to go over in January so i can see out Christmas with the family.
My problem would be that my wife is not going to come over until March, she has an open WP on the back of mine, but it was her that had to have the medicals and police checks as she works with children.

So were do you think we would stand with my wife coming over 4 months after we got our WP letters as medicals only last 12 months, would this mean
that she has lost 4 months of her medical or would the 12 months start at POE in march when she came over.
I'm guessing that she will have lost her 4 months and will have to go through
the medical procedure again next year in November along with WP applications.

1 Your worrying too much. If your spouse passed the medical, then when she arrives, she will be given an OWP (as long as your wP is for a job in NOC a, B, or O) to the same validity of your WP. She will not require another medical in Canada after 1 year.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Could this be a problem

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1 Your worrying too much. If your spouse passed the medical, then when she arrives, she will be given an OWP (as long as your wP is for a job in NOC a, B, or O) to the same validity of your WP. She will not require another medical in Canada after 1 year.

Busted....................... i do worry too much