Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Could my brother/ parents move to Canada?

Could my brother/ parents move to Canada?

Old Jul 8th 2023, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Could my brother/ parents move to Canada?

Hi
we moved to Canada in 2021 and have held PR for a year. Both my grandparents have just passed in the uk and my parents and brother would love to relocate to be closer to us and our kids.
Is there a way they can get here?
my brother is 40, he owns and runs a successful business in the uk which he would close on relocation. He has basic GCSE qualifications but apart from that has just run a business his whole life.
my parents also run there own business and are nearing retirement age, they would have funds after selling the business and selling there properties.
I know the process we went through to get here and am unsure how we would even look to help them get here.
thanks for any advice 😊
Old Jul 9th 2023, 12:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could my brother/ parents move to Canada?

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
Hi
we moved to Canada in 2021 and have held PR for a year. Both my grandparents have just passed in the uk and my parents and brother would love to relocate to be closer to us and our kids.
Is there a way they can get here?
my brother is 40, he owns and runs a successful business in the uk which he would close on relocation. He has basic GCSE qualifications but apart from that has just run a business his whole life.
my parents also run there own business and are nearing retirement age, they would have funds after selling the business and selling there properties.
I know the process we went through to get here and am unsure how we would even look to help them get here.
thanks for any advice 😊
Looks like you're in Ontario, is that right?

Your parents could apply for a Super Visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...uper-visa.html), and then once you've got 3 years worth of income from Canadian sources, you can sponsor them for PR - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nts/apply.html

Your brother though would need to qualify on his own merits, so he'll need to see if he can get a visa. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

HTH.