could family join later on / TWV

Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Minerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of light
Question could family join later on / TWV

My husband has a job offer for skilled worker in Vancouver, now he is waiting for LMO. Once he gets it he would be going (and getting his TWV at the airport), my self and kids (14 & 17) would join him later on. How hard or easy would be for us VISA like?
Or would it be better and easier to go altogether as a family?
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could family join later on / TWV

Originally Posted by Minerva
My husband has a job offer for skilled worker in Vancouver, now he is waiting for LMO. Once he gets it he would be going (and getting his TWV at the airport), my self and kids (14 & 17) would join him later on. How hard or easy would be for us VISA like?
Or would it be better and easier to go altogether as a family?
It's no problem at all.

As usual, the Wiki has the answer, it's always a good idea to check there first as it's full of useful info - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...s_and_children

HTH.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:32 pm
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

Just make sure you have a copy of all the paperwork he is bringing plus when he gets his TWP get him to send a copy back, a scanned email copy will do, just print it out.

Also get him to sign a letter stating you have permission to bring the kids into Canada, it only really applies to Canadians but last time I had a pissy Immigration Officer getting very upset that I didn't have such a piece of paper.

Something along the lines of I hereby grant permission to my wife passport number xxxxxxx to travel into Canada from wherever with my children Johnny passport number xxxxxxx and Doseydotes passport number xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Signed Daddy
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Minerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of lightMinerva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jwtimmon
Just make sure you have a copy of all the paperwork he is bringing plus when he gets his TWP get him to send a copy back, a scanned email copy will do, just print it out.

Also get him to sign a letter stating you have permission to bring the kids into Canada, it only really applies to Canadians but last time I had a pissy Immigration Officer getting very upset that I didn't have such a piece of paper.

Something along the lines of I hereby grant permission to my wife passport number xxxxxxx to travel into Canada from wherever with my children Johnny passport number xxxxxxx and Doseydotes passport number xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Signed Daddy
great will check out Wiki, thanks cristasoompa

thanks jwtimmon, great info, good to know.

As we are actually planing to go to Vancouver for good, but go to do step at the time, therefore starting with TWV (but asap, we will be applying for Permanent Visa as Job offerd would want my husband on permanent work bases)
ok what I want to say is.. We will most likely sell our house here in UK to be able to fund our new life in Van. Would Immigration Officer be funny and difficult if we present them with our shipping list etc as to their eyes we will be going only for Temporary TWV. I have read somewhere, that even though one has positive LMO and Job Offer and all documents, Immigration can still refuse entrance into Canada. In our case we will look like to them as going for a permanent stay on a temporary visa . I'm so worried that we don't mess it up.
PLEASE, ANY ADVICE much appreciated.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

great will check out Wiki, thanks cristasoompa
You mean you haven't already?!?

And shipping all of your stuff is perfectly normal on a TWP, so don't worry about that.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

LOL I did in my vision...living there already

but what are we to say when they ask us would we return after TWV expired ?? I just don't want to get us in a trouble. Should we be open and tell them our intentions to stay for good.They would surely see documatation of proof of money and sale of the house. Gosh I'm exposing my whole life here on this forum, guess this here for people like me too )
Sorry christmasoopa you have been putting up with me and my questions since I joined 2 days ago lol but I'm so grateful to you and others for your answers and advice's.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

but what are we to say when they ask us would we return after TWV expired ?? I just don't want to get us in a trouble.
You say yes, because that's the truth - if you can't get PR, or your husband is made redundant and can't find another LMO, then you'd have to leave Canada.

You can tell them you hope to apply for PR, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to stay (hence why I said selling your house may not be a good idea!), so you'd have to be prepared to return to the UK anyway and ship everything back.

They would surely see documatation of proof of money and sale of the house.
Why would they? Is that normally the kind of thing you'd carry around in your handbag?! You just have to tell them the truth - so if asked about selling your house (unlikely), then obviously you'd say yes. And you'd say you hope to stay longer term than the 2 years (or whatever you're given) on your TWP, but that you know it's not certain and will leave Canada and return to the UK if needed.

Sorry christmasoopa you have been putting up with me and my questions since I joined 2 days ago lol but I'm so grateful to you and others for your answers and advice's.
No probs, that's what the forum's for. Luckily I'm very bored at work this week as the boss is away, so killing time on BE lots!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Of course truth and nothing but the truth, as if I can do any other way,as you can see I do spit it out everything whats on my mind and in my thoughts. No very diplomatic but what the heck I truly believe in honesty that's why I'm being so cautious.
Hey good job you not so busy at work I got my questions answered .. thanks and have a nice day where ever in that dark room you are
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

We brought a lot of our stuff as I thought it would help the kids settle in, when we were arriving to get TWP. No-one ever implied that this was a problem, and I have another friend who did the same. Can't remember being asked at the airport if we were applying for PR, but like you I would have been honest.

Once we knew we were definitely coming to Canada (after getting LMO, and job contract) we did put the house on the market, because even if we had to come back we would have needed to buy wherever we found jobs back in the UK.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
We brought a lot of our stuff as I thought it would help the kids settle in, when we were arriving to get TWP. No-one ever implied that this was a problem, and I have another friend who did the same. Can't remember being asked at the airport if we were applying for PR, but like you I would have been honest.

Once we knew we were definitely coming to Canada (after getting LMO, and job contract) we did put the house on the market, because even if we had to come back we would have needed to buy wherever we found jobs back in the UK.
Teaandtoday5 thank you, Wow this just what I needed to hear. In our case we will have to sell our house (got not other choice) if we are ever to go back well we will need to buy again or rent. Hopefully it won't happen. Now tell me did you need to have a criminal record done . What about study permit for kids schools? Please tell me what documents we will need to get and prepare. Which copies do we need, passports, birth / marriage certificate, school reports, vaccinations,
husband's diploma and
certification ( stamped and certified by soliciter) + work reference. ... .anything else ?? Anything from the bank ?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

In our case we will have to sell our house (got not other choice) if we are ever to go back well we will need to buy again or rent. Hopefully it won't happen. Now tell me did you need to have a criminal record done . What about study permit for kids schools? Please tell me what documents we will need to get and prepare. Which copies do we need, passports, birth / marriage certificate, school reports, vaccinations,
husband's diploma and
certification ( stamped and certified by soliciter) + work reference. ... .anything else ?? Anything from the bank ?
Just ref: selling the house, you do have enough to move over though right? As otherwise the employer is unlikely to wait that long, by the time you've got the LMO and put it on the market, even if it sells quickly!

And ref: paperwork, can you clarify what you're asking for? If it's for the TWP, then did you read the Wiki article I gave you? That tells you exactly what's needed.

And for the PR app, really you're better off downloading the document checklist from the CIC website so that you can see exactly what you need to send.

HTH.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Thank you christmasoompa,
could you possibly send me a link for downloading the document checklist for PR application. Have been looking through out Wiki but not sure if have looked at the right site.
Much appreciated.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you christmasoompa,
could you possibly send me a link for downloading the document checklist for PR application. Have been looking through out Wiki but not sure if have looked at the right site.
Much appreciated.
No, it's not on the Wiki, all of the forms etc are only available on the CIC website, so that's where you need to look.

HTH.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Ok thank you, will do.
Thank you for all your help so far, much appreciated